DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

How to get to Sharm el Sheikh

Posted by TSte - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by TSte - 8 years ago

Hi

Thanks for all the advice. Found a good deal to Sharm at easter. 4 nights for 389 each including flight and hotel with Topkinisis.

I think it's the best deal on offer.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Toni-680775 - 8 years ago

Sorry meant to say that you will have to go Larnaca to Cairo and Cairo to Sharm both ways.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Toni-680775 - 8 years ago

According to daughter, who lives in Sharm, and visits us Cairo now has a new airport and you do not have to leave it to get the plane to Sharm. ( just go to transfers). Your luggage is also booked through to Sharm and with luck gets on the same plane as you, well it is Egypt!. Use Egypt air direct booking, leaving Larnaca in the evening there is a flight to Sharm which will get you there by about midnight.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lifeismine - 8 years ago

I think Egypt air is the only one that fly there,i went for the new year 2009 when you fly into Cairo from larnaca you have to get a taxi to the old part of the airport for the domestic flights i think we had our baggage and had to check in again there.On the way back the sharm flight flys directly into the new airport so no taxi required.we did it this way because the travel companies over here wanted around 2600 euro for two but we saved over 800 euro booking oursleves and into a much better class hotel all for the sake of a 2-3 hours waiting at a bar relaxing where the travel company was direct.

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hi TSte,

We went last year to Sharm El Sheikh to meet up with friends and family for a wedding. No direct flights were operating, though this may have changed. We flew Larnaca via Cairo to Sharm El Sheikh cost around €250. With the connecting flight it was about five and half hours to get there. Depending when you plan to go you may have less of a time to wait at Cairo Airport.

We did look at sailing there with, for example, Salamis but couldn't make sailing times fit our schedule.

Johnners