DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Lcd tv

Posted by mrgee-705604 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bluste63 - 6 years ago

HiI bought over a Sony Bravia last year and everything works perfectly fine, didn't need to change a thing. Most new TV's you will find are either MPEG 2 or 4 compatible.

Sorry no image available
Posted by normanmay - 8 years ago

forgot to say it cost £20 to have a tv changed from pal1 to pal g/b in the uk it is simple to do for a tv enginner

Sorry no image available
Posted by normanmay - 8 years ago

most new tv have both pals on tuner if not if you buy a cyprus video recorder and tune the all the cyprus channels in to the video the tv will work but you will have to change the channels with the video remotes .alot cheaper to export a english tv in to cyprus than to buy one in cyprus

Sorry no image available
Posted by cyprusgal - 8 years ago

I have a 19in flat screen tv for sale that i bought over here, it is hd ready and in almost new condition , i am selling it for 130 euros , i paid 249 euros for it . I only used for approx 2 months as i purchased a larger tv. it still has the box that it came in and also has bracket for wall mounting. If you are interested i am in paphos

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 8 years ago

Be aware that the UK TV stystem is NOT 100% compatible with Cyprus. The UK operates on PAL I and Cyprus on PAL B/G. I think the difference is on the audio side and the set requires 'tweeking' to pick up Cyprus terrestrial TV as far as I know. Personally I wouldn't put a TV into a suitcase - have you seen how cases are THROWN around!! Still - if well padded and carefully packed and got a decent case it should survive. The key will be in the packing though and ensuring that movement of the screen especially to any edge of the case is just not possible.