DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Micro sim on pay as you go

Posted by philandbev - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by happylogos - 6 years ago

I brought my own mico sim cutter which is like a paper punch cuts the sim perfect every time and you can also put your mico sim back into make it big again....

anyone in limassol who need it there's cut email me via anglo

Sorry no image available
Posted by GPSforsale - 8 years ago

I have the special cutter for micro sim, based in Nicosia, write me an email if you want to cut it for you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by philandbev - 8 years ago

I will try and cut one down to size, don't really want a contract sim at the moment.

Sorry no image available
Posted by bberry77 - 8 years ago

I bought an iphone 4, and after contacting mtn and being told that it should be in shops in November, but then speaking to mtn staff in their shops and being told something different, I decided to cut down a normal sim to make my own micro sim. I was however offered a micro sim pay montly sim, but as I already have a blackberry contract, I didnt want to opt for that. Instead I had a couple of old mtn sims, and I couldnt manage to cut them to make a micro sim. I then had an old cyta chip, and my husband managed to cut it down and it works perfectly. we watched a few youtube clips first though. good luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by Minie86 - 8 years ago

There is a shop in limassol (opposite BMW showroom, roundabout Saint Nicolas), they have special cutter to make you Micro SIM from your normal SIM card. I paid just 5eu. Working perfect.

Sorry no image available
Posted by MadMax-703479 - 8 years ago

Sorry MY mistake the URL should be......

http://cyprus.angloinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=70475

Sorry no image available
Posted by DellBethsmith - 8 years ago

I have an i phone 4 and am currently still using a UK no. as will not let go of my beloved phone!!

When i went to Cyta they said they will do pay as you go but not till next year at least.

I tried to cut up a Sim and that didn't work either, but I've seen on you tube a different way of doing it so am going to give it another try next week!

I will let you know the outcome!!

Sorry no image available

Check out my Micro SIM for sale...
http://cyprus.angloinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?topic_id=70394

Neither CYTA nor MTN will be doing pay as you go Micro SIMs in the near future...
(According to sources high up in the companies)
Probably because they want to get people onto contracts, as you spend more per month this way,
and you will use the value added services more, eg data services.

Sorry no image available
Sorry no image available
Posted by foxyroxy-700009 - 8 years ago

Thank heavens for that, moving over on 8th November and was worried we wouuld not be able to use my phone