DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

move to UK from Cyprus

Posted by annakyriacou - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by baxi-666881 - 9 years ago

also remember the uk pay,s people not to work ? .

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 9 years ago

Personally I would have said stick with Cyprus - but with a couple of provisos. It all depends what standard of living you enjoy out here - outgoings compared to income. Whilst jobs are hard to find in the UK - that to an extent depnds on your skill levels and qualifications and experiences. Do your homework first and only go there IF one of you has good skills and experience to offer - so hope to get a good salary. Property rentals vary widely depending on the area/location you decide to live in - but are likely to be £400-£600 per month (PLUS concil tax and other outgoings of course) For education again it is HIGHLY dependant on area and local schools - there are HUGE differences in standards - and careful homework is again needed before even getting as far as considering the UK. UNLESS your job allows you to opt for private education (which could be £6000 per year). Now here is a dilemma for you - I would have said the best option is to live in Cyprus and opt for private/boarding education in the UK for the years 13+ IF this is an option - so you have the 'best' of all worlds (well nearly!!!!) Anyways - just my tuppence worth of opinions and I am sure there are many on this forum who will disagree ...........