DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

moving to Cyprus

Posted by dev-694290 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dev-694290 - 9 years ago

Dear all who replied, thanks very much for your time and info. Have been away hence the delay in replying. Dev

Sorry no image available
Posted by maggiemou - 9 years ago

The village has many tavernas but is not over commercial. It is pedestrianised and has a fountain in the middle and eating places around the square for
el fresco dining. We have some local shops a pharmacy and recently got our first supermarket. We have dentist and doctor, and banks. We have a school where many English kids attend. Aslo we are only 15 minutes from the British base of Episkopi where some older children attend school. There are 600 Cypriots in Pissouri and now the village has spread with new building and we have around 2000 other nationals both resident and part time. I could write about Pissouri all day as I have been here 20 years. In fact I have written alot about it on the village web site which is worth reading each week as it if full of information about the village. The site is
www.about-pissouri.com
There is a good community here and there is plenty do if you want to partake. I actually walk each week with a walking group as we have some wonderful walks around here. The wild flowers are wonderful at the moment. I also am a member of the Columbia beach resort health club. Look that up on thier web site
www.columbia-hotels.com. to get an idea of how this hotel has been designed to fit into the landscape. Pissouri is steep in places but I can ride my mountain bike here and I am not a teenager!
Many big villas here to rent and also some smaller ones. Best to rent first as if you read this weeks about -pissouri .com you will see a few mishaps that happen in Cyprus re property. Read the back dates contact messages on this site to get an idea of living in Pissouri.

Sorry no image available
Posted by stellaluna-664983 - 9 years ago

Hi

Pissouri has an excelllent website amd a super weekly newsletter compiled by Daintre Hart - everything you need to know. Email me if you want to receive the newsletter.

Sorry no image available
Posted by baxi-666881 - 9 years ago

yes it will keep you fit .

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 9 years ago

Pissouri is pleasant. To really appreciate the area, you need to enjoy walking up and downhill!

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hello Dev,

Much has been written on this site regards moving here to Cyprus. If you search the forum (the search box is over there >>>>> and up a bit) You'll find plenty of really useful information. Once you've had a look come back here and post any questions you have.

My mantra, posted elsewhere many times, is: Do your research and ask questions. Then do some more research and ask more questions.

My initial response to the 'low down' on Pissouri is. Nice area, not too busy, becoming more popular. But you will need a car as you'll want to get to Paphos or Limassol for many items.

Johnners