DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

moving to cyprus

Posted by bashie67 - Created: 7 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by bashie67 - 7 years ago

Thanks john,maybe when we come over for a holiday in the first week of july we could hook up and chat a bit more.

Regards glenn

Sorry no image available
Posted by ExperienceGiftsOnline John - 7 years ago

Hi Glenn...

Although it costs a little bit of money, when setting up a business it may be any idea to have a local lawyer/ accountant assist you in setting up your business and getting the paperwork done. We have a good one and found that their help has been invaluable because it can be very bureaucratic - getting knowledgable, accurate advice actually saves time and money... and a lot of stress!! :0). Furthermore you need to make sure you do everything by the book 100% to avoid leavnig yourself open to challenge by competitors. Other than that... doing business here is great fun and never dull!

All the very best whatever you decide to do.

Regards John

Sorry no image available

Thank you both so much for your help,it really is appreciated.

Regards Glenn

Sorry no image available
Posted by VinnyC-673555 - 7 years ago

You have to go to the Ministry of Employment for the town/area you live in, You register your business and they give you a letter and a number, you then go to the social and register and they will open an account and give you a social number.
You then need the appropriate licences for the business, these vary depending on the actual business.
When you go to immigration they will require all these "numbers" to start your residency application.
It sounds easy but there are quite a few other hoops to jump through,
Good luck,
Regards

Sorry no image available
Posted by VeronicaK - 7 years ago

I don't know who you need to contact but I do know you will need a licence to work in the leisure industry on the beaches.
A word of caution though, be careful not to step on any locals toes by setting up in competition against them.
Regards
Veronica

Sorry no image available

Thank you very much veronica that has been a great help,1 more question if i may ! the buisness i am in is the leisure industry,and would need to work in severel places,who would i need to speak to, if i wanted to work on lets say for example beaches in severel different places. I.E Paphos, limasol,protaros, ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by VeronicaK - 7 years ago

As EU citizens you are entitled to live and work here. You need to apply for a residency within 3 months of arrival,
As for setting up a business that depends very much on the sort of business you want to set up.
It is advisable though to register for social insurance and tax etc if you are working as the Cyprus government is cracking down hard on anyone who is working and not contributing andthe penalties are severe.