DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Nicosia charity shops that take clothes donations?

Posted by Vic G - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by gcyprus - 7 years ago

hi, if you have any clothes and shoes for a donation please contact me at 99561596

Sorry no image available
Posted by atw26 - 9 years ago

Definitely the Nicosia Dog Shelter charity shop takes clothing donations. From their website (http://www.dogshelter.org.cy/contact.htm )
"43 Ganikou Street.
(in the Holiday Inn/Paphos Gate area of the old town) behind St Joseph's Convent and School; follow the road round past the Maronite Church.
Tel: 22 660 413
"
I would call before heading down there even though they say that the shop is
open from 9.30 am to 12.30 pm daily.

Also there's St Paul’s Thrift Shop: Saturday 10:00 to 12:00, St Paul’s church grounds (there was a write-up in the Cyprus Mail but since they've redone their website I rely on the Google cached page).

Alternatively, you could probably donate for the next Cans for Kids sale day although I'm not sure when they would start collecting for that. Cans for Kids raises money to buy medical equipment for the children's wards at Cypriot hospitals. http://www.cansforkids.org/

St. Joseph's convent also has a charity shop. I think they're open Saturdays 10-noon.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Vic G - 9 years ago

Thanks Mimi, I had heard of the Pregnancy Care centre through a playgroup that I go to. We have a baby and may have one or two bits or bobs to recycle (need to work out what I'll save for the next one!), which I would gladly donate to the PCC. However, I think this time around, we're going to have more adults clothes...

Sorry no image available
Posted by mimi30 - 9 years ago

Hi, thanks for your kindness, if there babies things from 0-5years, u can take it to the pregnacycare centre in lydra, i will chech out the the exact address and send to you. Thanks.