DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

No More British Passport Renewals in Cyprus

Posted by isamar - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kolossi crew - 9 years ago

Don't forget, if you need to renew a child's uk passport in Nicosia you will be asked for a school certificate. Something we did'nt know before till we got there!!!!!!!!

Gordon

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 9 years ago

If you want to renew a UK passport in Cyprus before the deadline, simply download the forms, complete them and send them with photos/old passport or any other documentation required by registered post to the High Commission in Lefkosia.

There is no need to drive to Lefkosia and join a queue, or to pay any office to process it for you.

To send the package registered, with proof of receipt, will cost you 3 euros. Same amount for it to be sent back the same way.

You can also download a credit card payment slip; they then phone you for the authorisation code.

Sorry no image available
Posted by isamar - 9 years ago

you just have to have a european id card it doesn't matter where you come from. I know this by police offices. they do not check you citizenship as you have a european certificate in your hands therefore you can pass through

Sorry no image available
Posted by EleniLimassol - 9 years ago

I think only if you are a Cypriot you can travel with your ID card. If you have British on it you cannot. But best to check.

Sorry no image available
Posted by connor-670505 - 9 years ago

A ten year Cypriot passport just cost me 42.72 euros. Applied for and received within a week via the Larnaca citizens advice centre.

Sorry no image available

yes that's true, you can travel anywhere in the Europe with a european id card. but of course you have to have one. I know that most British people do not have an id card.

Sorry no image available
Posted by blackcatwizzard - 9 years ago

with a Cyprus i.d.card you can travel anywhere in Europe without any hassle or paying rip off charges to renew your UK passport.

Sorry no image available
Posted by sweethoneybums - 9 years ago

There is a lady in Paphos that can arrange your passport renewal. Her name is Gweny. Email me for her number if you want.

Its not cheap but its all done for you. Also its best you get it renewed before June too.

:)

Sorry no image available
Posted by northern boy-684044 - 9 years ago

Thanks 200 euro crazy price,can you renew it in pafos.thanks

Sorry no image available

British High Commision directions

========================

UK website for passports: