DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Parcel from UK

Posted by evangelismos - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 9 years ago

Would sending packets as well as parcel be any cheaper? Guess it depends on what you are sending and how compactly they pack. Light and large goes volumetric I think = you need to be small and heavy!! Think I got that the right way round!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by evangelismos - 9 years ago

All the companies charge for volumetric weight of parcel (in my case is more than 40 kilos). The real weight of my parcel is only 15 kilos. What to do to pay only for real weight not for another 25 kilos that I don't have? Now I supposed to pay more than 60 pounds for 40 kilos. Please can anybody know what can I do?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 9 years ago

Thinking over that last post, maybe "handling charges and registration fees" would be more accurate.

Sorry no image available

Incidentally, as I understand it (which may not actually be the way it, this being Cyprus!) the charges made on the import of cars are not actually customs duty, but importation taxes and registration fees. We bought a locally registered car over here - much simpler!

Sorry no image available

Yes, a number of times, using Fast Lane International as recommended above by Cyprus-dodger. As I said, there are no customs issues - it arrives at your door (actually on one occasion I had to go & pick it up from TNT in Limassol, but that was no hardship) just as it would in the UK,still sealed just as it left the UK and completely unmolested by customs & excise. The shippers say it usually takes about 10 days, but we have had them here in 5. The last one we had sent was a couple of months ago and it was here in a week.

Sorry no image available
Posted by De Sagun - 9 years ago

I know that Cyprus is in yhe EU but do the customs boys know this , apparently not as they are still charging for the import of cars. Has anybody actually sent over from UK to Cyprus a large box of food stuffs etc. My wife regularily sends a large box to the far east with no problems takes about 8 weeks and it all arrives at the door no problems.

The question is has any body sent to Cyprus from the UK a box containing mainly food stuff and did it go through customs ok.

De.

Sorry no image available

As both Cyprus and the UK are in the EU, there is no customs issue. Just have the parcel sent over and Robert's your father's brother.

Sorry no image available
Posted by De Sagun - 9 years ago

Hi All, Re sending a parcel say from the UK, has anybody on this site made up a large box of all the goodies that we enjoy but are so much more expensive here. I would like my relatives to send over all the stuff that is so expensive here. Toothpaste-deodorant-and the hundred or so products that we could put into a large box of about 2ft by 3ft. Has anybody done this ? How did you get on with the customs boys ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by cyprus-dodger - 9 years ago

These are the boys they use DHL and the cheapest by far and great service, will collect from home or business as part of the service.

http://www.wedelivertheworld.co.uk

dodger