DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Phone Cards

Posted by mad-welsh-person - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sosochat - 8 years ago

I am using Cheap Calling Plan which offer Cheap Calling Plans and Calling Cards to Jamaica, USA, UK and Canada. The company also offer VoIP Home Phone Service and Direct Connect service plans at Low Cost Rate. You have really good chance. I am sure this is not disappointing.

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 9 years ago

You can find the Cyta 1018 rates online at http://www.cytawebshop.cyta.com.cy/OrderAndBilling/ProductsAndServices/CallCharges/service_1018_en.htm

For Australia, calling to a landline is 4.32 eurocents per minute, to a mobile 16.5 eurocents a minute.

For New Zealand: 4.68 eurocents per minute to a landline, but 30.78 cents per minute to a mobile!

To the UK, it's a bit more complicated to explain the charges: it depends on the service. But basically, from 3.54/16.74 eurocents per minute.

Sorry no image available

The 1018 number is specific to Cyta. I guess you could try it anyway from your friend's house. If the service isn't available (because it's not a Cyta line or for any other reason) you just won't get through!

Sorry no image available
Posted by mad-welsh-person - 9 years ago

I'm staying at a friends house, whilst she is away, and not sure who her phone provider is. If she doesn't use that provider would the call still be possible and if so, would there be a charge. I've tried internet calling and it's not too good. Whether it be the area I'm in or just a naff (a quite expensive naff) headset. I'd rather use a real phone and not get a huge phone bill when she returns, cheers

Sorry no image available

In the meantime, if your landline is with Cyta, use their cheap VOIP service. Just key in 1018 each time before the overseas number you want. You don't have to register or sign up and you don't have to worry about a card running out.

Sorry no image available
Posted by redrizla - 9 years ago

try localphone.com i use it all the time for my mobile in cyprus excellent call quality and very good rates but its not a calling card and you will need internet access to open account but once its setup and you enable auto top up you dont have to use internet again