DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Rental property allowing pets

Posted by SuzyB-690793 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi Suzy,

I don't think you can limit yourself to one or two recommended agents. You know exactly what you are looking for (5 bed detached etc) so cast your net far and wide for agents. The person/company you do need to find by recommendation/ reputation is a good solicitor who knows the ins and outs of rental contracts. Can't offer any suggestions here as we've been out of the rental market since 2001 having decided to buy after 2 years living here since 1999.

I'm sure other Angloinfo users can offer some suggestions.

Nigel Howarth, a regular poster on this site, may be able to offer guidance too. Here's his website. www.cyprus-property-buyers.com

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by catmeister212 - 9 years ago

make sure you state this in your lease. you dont need the landlord kicking you out after one month or asking you to remove your pets!

Sorry no image available
Posted by SuzyB-690793 - 9 years ago

Hi Johnners

Thanks for your advice, I did think that with it being a renters/buyers market that it couldnt be that difficult to find a villa, especially when I will be paying minimum 1,000 euros a month! and I am looking for unfurnished. Can you recommend any agents? there seem to be a plethora and I really dont know where to begin!

Suzy

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi Suzy,

It's not too difficult to find rental properties that allow pets. It's finding the one that meets, or exceeds, your requirements. You may need to broaden your search, when you say Paphos area does that include, for example, Coral Bay to the west and Pissouri to the east? If a property is unfurnished you may be able to persude the owner to rent it to you even if initially they said no pets. If you haven't already get on the mailing list of as many property firms you can (set up a Google mail or Yahoo account and use that address to save clogging up your usual email account)

Once you have a selection of properties, if possible arrange to come over and view as many as you can in a few days. Treat it as a working holiday. You have several things on your side at the moment we're into low season so flights, car hire and hotels are getting cheaper - a 4 or 7 night stay shouldn't break the bank. Also you have a few months to play with to allow for negotiation! Remember it's a buyers/renters market don't accept the first figure offered if you're renting for an extended period you are in the driving seat.

Johnners