DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Rose Farm

Posted by lim-bel - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by TSte - 8 years ago

I went to the rose festival on sunday and, although I missed most of the main bit of the festival, it was still well worth a visit. Read here for more information and also directions as to how to find the rose house. www.newworldmonkey.blogspot.com

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cat Lady - 8 years ago

CMGJ2010 Thank you for reply, will certainly pay a visit

Cat Lady

Sorry no image available
Posted by CMJG2010-694268 - 8 years ago

I'd certainly recommend a visit. Don't know about what motorway exit but if you go up on the road to Troudos you will see signposts for Agros. This weekend is the rose festival and should be fun. Enjoy.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cat Lady - 8 years ago

Hi, This sounds lovely, I live in Kato Paphos is it off the motorway, if so which exit? Would appreciate any guidance.

Thanks, Cat Lady

Sorry no image available
Posted by CMJG2010-694268 - 8 years ago

Hi

Well after reading the information on Agros we thought we'd pay it a visit. Yesterday we drove up the E110 to see a bit of the countryside which was a lovely relaxing drive. Argos Rose factory is a must, the perfume in the factory is wonderful. We were given a very interesting talk on what they did and was able to sample their goods. I just loved the rose perfume.

We decided to have lunch that was recommended at the taverna on the corner. The service and the food was excellent, alas the chips were frozen!!!! All in all we had a great day and the Rose Festival is on the 14th 15th and 16th of May. Well worth a visit.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lim-bel - 8 years ago

Went yesterday, 20/3. Lovely winding drive up! I suggest that you go in April/May, as that is the time that roses are blooming! Enjoy!

Sorry no image available
Posted by failsworthexile - 8 years ago

Thanks Cypruswez and stellaluna for directions, we'll be visiting soon !

Sorry no image available
Posted by stellaluna-664983 - 8 years ago

Yes, it's Agros, but not the hotel. When you get into Agros you should see a sign. Drive right throough the village. You then turn left and go down a hill. They have rose candles, rose face creams, even rose liqueur. Your nose willl guide you.

Before you reach it, there's a little shop on the left where a woman has lots of super Cypriot products. Amazing things. Modern, but traditional. Great for unusual gifts.

Also, if you then go on towards the hotel, on the right on a bend there's a little taverna that serves things the way it used to be when I came to Cyprus 20 years ago, before rip-offs, frozen chips and concrete-mixer tahini were heard of.

There are other wonderful things to buy in Agros at certin seasons, but I aint saying anything as i want to buy them all myself. Enjoy your day in Agros.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lim-bel - 8 years ago

Thanks, that's it I think: http://www.rodonhotel.com Look forward to visiting Agros!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cypruswez - 8 years ago

Agros is famous for its roses and rose based products.

Exit the highway at the Ayia Fylia exit and follow the signs.