DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sky box problem

Posted by thedon29 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sunnydaysincyprus - 9 years ago

Hi SimonSkyMan,

I tried what you recommended and have lost Sky altogether again. it keeps coming up with NO Signal........

After I did the update i checked the system details and it reads EPG Sky+ 8.40 Multiplatform . V3.0.0 don't know if this means anything to you. (Unfortunately I forgot to check it before i did the update).

I have switched the hole thing off again with the hope that it will enjoy several hours rest and then I will try it again tomorrow.

Failing that do you think you maybe able to come and see if our dish needs realigning again?

If you are able to come to Kolossi at some time soon, please call me on 99 857702.

Many thanks

Leanne

Sorry no image available
Posted by michael barrett - 9 years ago

Hi Simonskyman I have tried doing what you say and the 3.8.8 does not change. I only get three lights on the font of the box as the other one is the remote, I get the update message and the power save is off thanks for trying. Michael

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonskyman - 9 years ago

There is a sort of cure. Sky(or Pace) have rolled back to the previous epg software. The problem software is 3.8.8. You can check this in "system details"(press services,4-system set up then 5- system details). You can do a forced update by unplugging from the mains,then press the BACK UP button on the front of the digibox.While you are still pressing the back up button,reconnect the mains and keep on pressing the back up button until 4 lights show up on the front of the digibox.Then let go.You should then see a message on screen saying that it is updating software and might take up to ten mninutes.Then the box will go to standby.After switching it back on check system details agin and see if the epg software has changed to 3.7.6.

Also check the auto standby feature is off.

Sorry no image available

Hi all I am still getting the switching off problem it goes for as long as a day or 2 mins. The box is a Pace DS 430N and I have got a new white card a couple of months back, it seems as if somebody is waiting to turn it off just before the end of anything good or just after we go to bed. Help going around the bend now. ( Alright I know I been going for years. )

Sorry no image available
Posted by sunnydaysincyprus - 9 years ago

Hi, I too have this problem today but when i turned the box back on nothing seems to be happening. Usually it makes a crackling sound like an old PC re-booting but its silent.....

I have the Sky HD + and its the second one to break down in the last 6 months.

How did you manage to get yours going again?

Many thanks

Leanne

Sorry no image available
Posted by normanmay - 9 years ago

if your sky didibox goes in to standby its because sky have introdused a new energy saving system

to over ride and turn this setting of do the following

1 press the services button on your remote

2 select option 5 from the on screen menu

3 swop the one to off on screen

4 highlight save settings and press select on your remotes

5 finally press the sky button to resume normal viewing

www.uksatellitesystems.com for info on this and to get channel 5 with out a card

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonskyman - 9 years ago

Is it a Pace DS430 ? If so they are all doing it,since the last software update. No cure for now, but when it comes on and its on sky intro and it says no signal,just try selecting a strong channel like sky news on 501. It might work.

Sorry no image available

Hi I have had the same problem, it comes back if I switch sky on and reset the channel. It then last any time between one hour and one day. I tried switching off and removeing the card overnight but it still switchs off.

Sorry no image available
Posted by amylou-666706 - 9 years ago

It may be a spider up the LMB, (the thing the cables come from on your dish), try wiggling a straw or similar up the hole,
be careful as they are very delicate and expensive to replace.
i had same trouble, poked around and a tiny little spider dropped out! picture now clear as a bell.

Sorry no image available
Posted by suntan - 9 years ago

Hey Thedon, maybe sky are going to switch you off like you predicted .