DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sky Tv packages

Posted by thedon29 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cowpie - 8 years ago

simonskyman replied on 24/02/2010 at 20:57

Yes if you mean a Sky digibox with a free TO view (or freesat) card. I have to remind people that the FREEVIEW box available in UK will not work in Cyprus.

Its either a freesat box(Humax or Grundig), or a sky digibox with a freesat card( which receives more channels).

So does this meam my Bush freesat box will not work ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by mardon - 8 years ago

We got World News , Fox , Aljazeera, Dubai channels. At first when we installed it we got BBC Prime and Bravo but that is no longer available on our cyprus digibox.
Possibly the dish is 1.5 I will check with Prime Sat who installed it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonskyman - 8 years ago

1 metre will not get you anything from the sky satellites. The minimumn size is 1.5m. When you were last here what channels were you watching on your system ?

Sorry no image available

Thanks again - My dish is the standard one that I see on most I think it is probably around 1M in diameter. My sky digibox is a pace one - will the fittings be the same in Cyprus or do I need to buy/bring one

Sorry no image available

Yes bring the card with the box and you will get most of the channels you received in UK. The big dish is for mainly for BBC, a free to air CH4 and freeto air ITV.

What size is your dish ?

Sorry no image available

Thanks for the responses.

Does that mean that if I brought out my Sky card which I pay subscription for it would work too? I thought you needed a large satellite dish for sky to work in Cyprus

Sorry no image available
Posted by gelly1 - 8 years ago

Hi,
yes it will work, we brought our Sky box and card out ( purchased in Wales ) and we even get the regional Welsh news and all the Welsh speaking channels, don't know anything about freeview boxes though.
Cheers.

Sorry no image available

Yes if you mean a Sky digibox with a free TO view (or freesat) card. I have to remind people that the FREEVIEW box available in UK will not work in Cyprus.

Its either a freesat box(Humax or Grundig), or a sky digibox with a freesat card( which receives more channels).

Sorry no image available

can anyone advise if I bring my sky freeview box from the UK will it work in Cyprus. I do have satellite TV in my villa.

Sorry no image available

You can visit www.sky.com to see their prices and packages,wherever you get your card from thats the price you will pay to sky. Cards are available with or without your own UK address for a one off fee (then you pay sky the monthly subscription).