DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Small packet uk to cyprus

Posted by avonbargains - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cyprus-dodger - 9 years ago
Sorry no image available
Posted by avonbargains - 9 years ago

Thamk you for all replies. ;)

Sorry no image available
Posted by thebyroms - 9 years ago

Try www.parcel2go.com
they get you the cheapest quote i have found them very reliable and you can tract your parcel

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 9 years ago

DHL and the like are expensive - I haven't used them for years. I suspect that for something as smallas 5kg Parcel Force is likely to be your cheapest and most convenient option.It might be worth getting a quote from Fast Lane International, but I haven't used them for a package as small as that, and they may be no cheaper than Royal Mail.

Graham

Sorry no image available
Posted by achilleas - 9 years ago

Try ParcelForce at any Post Office - I found that quite economical.

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 9 years ago

Sending from the UK, airmail 'small packets' are up to 2.5 kilos each - and really cheap rates. Might be worth splitting your 5kilo parcel into two......

Sorry no image available
Posted by avonbargains - 9 years ago

Hi and thanks.

Could you please write me how much does they charge per kilo? Around?

Thanks Petra

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi Petra,

If you don't mind waiting 14 to 21 days then ask to be quoted for sending the packet by sea. This will cut the cost dramatically. If you'll be using the service on a regular basis, say once every two weeks, then you can also get discounts for repeat business. Contact all the well known companies in the UK besides Royal Mail try DHL, UPS etc for information.

Generally packets I get sent from the UK arrive in around 10 to 14 days. The couriers err on the side of caution with their estimates of 14 to 21 days.

Johnners