DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Switch from Cyta to Primetel

Posted by thedon29 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by thedon29 - 8 years ago

Thats strange, I paid 42 euros deposit, Im Cypriot and have been living in Cyprus for 20 years?!

Sorry no image available
Posted by abjoy - 8 years ago

Hi , if you have a contract that you own something in Cyprus you dont have to pay a deposit.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ifranky - 8 years ago

Yes, they do charge a bond of €200 for foreigners.I think that they lower that amount to around €45 if you can prove you've lived here more than 2 years but I'm not sure about that.

Sorry no image available
Posted by JLT - 8 years ago

Thank you for the link however it does not say anything about a bond/deposit. I have been told that you have to pay 200 euros.

Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you.

Sorry no image available

Hi Greenfly,
All that information is publicly available on Primetel's site: http://primetel.com.cy/en/node/27 (complete Primetel price list)
No you can not get BBC 1/2 or ITV that's a license issue but it is possible to receive these channels whether via sattelite or via internet (I use VPNUK to have a UK IP and can see everything on the iPlayer and ITVs web player)
You do pay for landline calls but not for calls to other Primetel customers.

Sorry no image available

Hi,

Did you have to pay a bond/deposit?

Thank you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by greenfly60 - 8 years ago

Hi Franky,
Thanks for your posting. Could I please ask : when you say TV is soso, are your referring to the reception or the channel choices available. ?
Can you get BBC 1/2 and ITV etc please?
Also phone calls : do you have to pay for each land line call made or are they at 'no extra charge' ie included in the monthly
payments?
How much is it per month for 4mb d/l connection.
Please e mail if you do not wish to disclose this info on the blog!
Many thanks greenfly60

Sorry no image available

I recently moved to Cyprus and decided to go with Primetel. The installation was a difficult thing because Cyta and Primetel couldn't be too bothered but once installed I have been very happy with my connection.
TV via Primetel is soso, connected to a full HD TV I can not say that it rocks my boat but telephone and internet are A+I have upgraded to the 4MB d/l connection and have had no complaints about my connection whatsoever and I manage some hundred websites. I can recommend Primetel internet.
Note: their router is not too brilliant and if you live in a large house, you might need a second wireless router with better reach.

Sorry no image available
Posted by greenfly60 - 8 years ago

Hi Thedon29, I would like to know the same as the previous posting.....guess it might be a bit soon to determine how good or otherwise the service is.

Anyway if you have an opinion I would be pleased to hear it....yours greenfly60

Sorry no image available

Hi,

What do you think of Primetel and can you tell me what the exact charges are?

Thank you.