DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

text messages to the UK

Posted by cornishman100 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by loadsatime-678473 - 8 years ago

O2 orange, cable-tel ,they come change go set up its all to do with buying selling air time, cost cutting gotta make big bucks syndrome . the E.U. does get to it in the end but it takes TIME ask France telecom orange network systems they were fined 250,000,000 for some of this type of cartelling,and interference with communications.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jmwads - 8 years ago

My mum has spoken to O2, they are telling her that Cyprus has barred O2 users but wont give her a reason, she has already had O2 problems with other O2 users in the UK and the final straw is not recieving or sucessfully sending text to Cyprus. O2 didn't really seem bothered but she's on the case !

Sorry no image available
Posted by cornishman100 - 8 years ago

Yes I've started to received text messages again yesterday from O2 networks, I received one that was sent on the 13th!, my family have also been into the shops as well so I guess its done some good!! no explanation though as to why it stopped!!! Lets see if it now continues to work.
Thanks again to all for input

Geoff

Sorry no image available
Posted by kolossi crew - 8 years ago

our phones stopped having network connection but sent all info to family in uk they went o2 shop gave off and today our phones are working and our cyprus mobiles have been receiving old o2 messages that were sent over 4 days ago??????????

Sorry no image available
Posted by jmwads - 8 years ago

Hi,

I have been sending text to my mum she's O2 and not recieved anything, She also has sent to me and not recieved anything. Previous to this when sending it used to go 3 or 4 times so def a problem with O2 !

Sorry no image available

Great, look forward to his reply!! Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by MariaEph320 - 8 years ago

Hi,

Was talking to some friends about it yesterday. Their son works for 02, so their going to mention it to him.

Sorry no image available

Hi Folks. Update, Orange & Vodafone works just great, O2 cant explain the reason why theirs dont work!!

Thanks again folks for input

Sorry no image available

Hi. Have heard back from my daughter & yes she is with O2, she is going to try another phone tomorrow, with Orange, will see what happens!! Will let you know. Watch this space!!!

Thanks again for input.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Jennygee-676884 - 8 years ago

I've been having problems with 02 off and on for a few months now. It has been totally off for the last 2 weeks, can't get texts in or out, only have "emergency service".