DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Xmas store opening hours

Posted by thisislondon - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by thisislondon - 8 years ago

I just came back and I was glad at least some good stores were indeed open. I really dislike that the schedule thing is so out of place being summer or winter or Xmas. Like some people say it's always needed for the workers to rest but the problem is the work shifts are not exactly great, people would rather work 8hrs shift with one hour break for lunch to come home one hour earlier, I used to work like that, than staying all day at the shop and waste the siesta time wandering around for 2 hrs (or whatever time they feel like) like the shop attendant I talked to today...

Sorry no image available
Posted by cyprustk - 8 years ago

Unfortunately is not like UK but, even the employees need some rest don't you think?I know that major stores like Debenhams, Next and Zako are open for sure, but smaller stores don't find it affordable to be open.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lizzie_cy - 8 years ago

Hahaaha you wish!!!! The stores here seem to do their own thing! Usually from the first weekend in Dec, i.e. as of last weekend 4th and 5th the larger stores are open. Also from today Wed 8th they are open in the afternoon. But.... the smaller independent shops just open and close whenever they feel like it:/One shop ... part of a well know chain, is still closing for summer siesta!!!! I know its hot, but that was taking summer siesta to the extreme!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by cyprustk - 8 years ago

From the 1st of December all major stores are open on Wednesdays and Sundays.