DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ambulances

Posted by belinda-675574 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Whirlybird 2 - 8 years ago

Hi, I am a retired UK registered paramedic living here in Cyprus and what you have seen I believe is par for the course in most parts of Cyprus. There are no paramedics in Cyprus officially as the government will not recognise the qualifications possibly because of cash flow and legal implications?, I do believe that there is talk of Paramedic based Ambulance Stations to be sited at various city areas on the island in the near future. Only time will tell when. Most of the staff on the ambulances do the best of their ability but in this day and age I feel that like a lot of other issues in Cyprus the goverment need to take more action to safeguard the needs of their citizens and of visitors in regards to accidents and emergency's and get better training introduced.

Regards,

Whirlybird 2

Sorry no image available
Posted by achilleas - 8 years ago

Ambulance-persons here in Cyprus are not the qualified personnel that you see in the UK. I think that their job is to get he person to the hospital as soon as possible so that the real doctors can see to them - this I say from personal experience as well.

Sorry no image available
Posted by belinda-675574 - 8 years ago

Paphos, he was unconscious when I arrived and was bleeding from a number of head wounds. Apparently he has a broken jaw,cheekbone and nose and a large gash above 1 eye. He also has a large wound to the back of his head. He is out of hospital and ok. So I have been informed by a colleague.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hanna36 - 8 years ago

This is really scary. I am curious to know : where in Cyprus did this happen?

Thanks.