DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Canoeing is a great way to get toned and keep fit

Posted by shorznmoor - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by shorznmoor - 8 years ago

Hi there,

In response to the above from Stellaluna, I wouldn't recommend that anyone "buy" a canoe or kayak until you've tried the sport out a few times and seen how it feels. It is very rewarding and there's nothing nicer than having your own "boat" to paddle when the mood takes you; but a good canoe is an investment and is best contemplated when you have had the opportunity to familiarise yourself with aspects of owning one e.g. how do you use it safely, how and where will it be stored, how is it to be transported, how should it be maintained and so on...

A good canoe or kayak will be one that fits you well (I liken it to trying on shoes) and it should fit the purpose for which you intend to use it so its worthwhile considering the features and benefits of various models. Try as many as you are able to. They all handle differently on the water so comfort and the way the canoe moves in response to you are important.

If you can borrow a canoe to try out, then do so. I would strongly recommend though that you seek some proper instruction prior to this. For many people canoeing turns into a lifelong love affair so you can look forward to the flirtation, the courtship and the following romance.

If anyone wants to email me l have more information on some of the prosaic aspects. You don't necessarily need your own canoe to start with!

Sorry no image available
Posted by stellaluna-664983 - 8 years ago

What a nice idea. Would we have to buy our own canoe? Any idea how much they cost and where to buy (Limassol area).