DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

dextrose tablets

Posted by WORKER-669771 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by WORKER-669771 - 9 years ago

Ditto mystic ,

the tablets are more flexable to use esp if your out and about you can just slip them into your pocket , or in your case ur handbag theres only so much us guys can get in our pockets ...ha ha .

any way when i get them i will post it on here if the company is any good with delivery etc ,

Take care out there ..

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mystic - 9 years ago

Hi die5, Its not a stupid question, and I can only answer for myself; I prefer the tablets, as when needed, its not always possible to mix up the powder i.e. maybe driving on a long trip for instance, or going into a meeting. Its very convenient to have a tablet that you can quickly eat (the dextrose taste lovely) when needed and can be kept ready in your handbag. I'm sure the powder may help for other times though.

Sorry no image available

Hi Worker

I'm pleased to hear that you found something similar online. Please post back your opinion of the product once you have had a chance to try them. I don't actually have diabetes, but I have another medical problem that sometimes gives similar symptoms, which is why I sometimes need the dextrose tabs. I hope all stays well with you, best wishes.

Sorry no image available
Posted by die5-688335 - 9 years ago

Maybe a stupid question:
Why don't you buy dextrose powder in the supermarket?

Sorry no image available
Posted by WORKER-669771 - 9 years ago

Hi mystic ,

thanks for looking and searching i found a new glucose tablet out called gluco tabs they are avaliale from asda in the uk and online to buy , you get a pocket size tube with 10 tablets in with 4 mg of carbs in each one and a pot of 50 to top it up .

going to order some and see how they are ?? they are £2.95 a pot of 50 so bit more expensive than dextrose which are 14 in a pack .

Hope your well mystic and keeping up the appointments at the hospital , you type 1 or 2 ?

Sorry no image available

Hi, back again after doing some research online. It looks like the best option if you would consider buying online is chemistdirect.co.uk (already recommended on here before by Cyprus users). Unless something is really heavy, which I doubt a box of these would be, they charge a flat rate of £7.49 shipping to Cyprus, delivery in 3 to 6 days. There are other online places to buy, but the prices vary, and some may not ship to Cyprus. I don't have time to check out all the details, however they are available on amazon.co.uk, but they order them from vit-shop.co.uk. You can also get them from expresschemist.co.uk, britsuperstore.com (seems the most expensive) yourhealthfoodstore.co.uk. Also the one I was thinking of who I think advertise on here (but I can't find the ad) is britishcornershop.co.uk, they don't have a search products facility, so not sure if they stock them as I am running out of time, however, they have a suggest a product page. May be worth trying them to see what they can do.

Hope this helps somewhat, and good luck!

Sorry no image available

Hi Worker, I know exactly what you mean! I was looking everywhere for dextrose, but never found them in Cyprus, neither did I find a suitable alternative. I had to wait till I went back to the uk and bought some back with me. I don't think you will find them here to be honest. But a thought... how about contacting one of those british food shops online and and ask them to order some? Or get a friend to send you some over if possible? If I had a load left I would happily let you have some, but I'm getting low on my stock too right now, sorry.

I may do some research online to find out an alternative and affordable way to have some available here in Cyprus. I'll post back if I find anything good.