DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

E 106 / yellow slip

Posted by mesogi_123 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sarah_Pyrgos - 8 years ago

Hi

My apologies but I did not realise that you were having problems getting the yellow slip. Do you have an income - either pension or job? There is a minimum income requirement to apply for the yellow slip and you need to prove you meet this. As previously stated when working it is somewhere in the region of 980 euros per month to cover two people. I don't know what it is if it is a pension.

I am probably going to upset a lot of people when I make the following suggestion. We recently used an agent to do some jobs for us with immigration and customs. Yes it cost us a couple of hundred euros but it with the time and heartache saved, it was most definately value for money. It's not right that you have to resort to such methods but its the way it is and we chose to take to easy route. However the bottom line is we have everything done and do not have to worry.

If you would like her number, please email me and I will be more than happy to pass it across. She was helpful, friendly and in the know.

Again I'm sorry that I made it sound so easy. I know from talking to others it can be difficult.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wulfrunia - 8 years ago

Hi Sarah,

As I stated in my original reply to the OP, Newcastle are saying Cyprus should issue this, see my post above. I quote;

'The Cypriot Health Authority should accept the S1 for your husband and then decide who they class as a dependant under the Cypriot health arrangements. They would register the S1 form and send a copy with part B of the E106 which would state who they are accepting as a dependant back to the Overseas Healthcare Team. The Cypriot Authorities should accept the E106 form and add yourself at part B. '

The problem both I and Carol are having is that without the 'yellow slip' from Immigration we are being turned away when trying to register for Medical Cards.

Ever Decreasing Circles!!

Sorry no image available

This is the description of who an E106 is issued to so therefore it suggests each person has to have their own.

A U.K. person under pension
age coming to live
permanently in Cyprus

Mesogi - as previsouly mentioned you need to go to the Citizens centre to be issued with your medical card so they will be able to tell you what you can have. Immigration will not be able to help you with this because they are not the Ministry of Health as stated below

FORMS E106, E109, E121:
If you are in possession of any of these forms, you MUST register with the Cyprus Ministry of Health. On arrival in Cyprus, you should contact a State Hospital or the Ministry of Health, where you will be given an application form for a Cyprus Medical Card. The completed application form should be submitted to a state hospital or the Ministry of Health together with the appropriate E-form and supporting documents required according to instructions. If you are a Pensioner, you will also need some form of proof to confirm that you are receiving a Pension from your “home” State. The application will be processed by the Ministry of Health as quickly as possible. The Cyprus Medical card will entitle you to receive health care on moving to Cyprus for the duration covered by the card.

The E106 form was the form sent to me by Newcastle. It was for me only because it was based on my contributions. My husband would have to apply for his own E106.

Sorry no image available
Posted by ayrshire - 8 years ago

Sarah, I've been to the hospital a few times in the last couple of weeks and your observations are spot on, and funny. I witnessed the unlocked door epsidoe several times. The strange thing is the 'intruder' didn't come out straight away but were in for several minutes. What were they doing?? I went for a wander after taking my number and appeared just as it was being buzzed, it didn't go down well with the locals who felt I hadn't paid my dues by queuing.

You're comment about waiting three months for social insurance contributions didn't apply to us. Got the pink card after 1 month of my wife working and I wasn't. Must depend on what member of staff you get and if they've had their frappe or not..

The fact that your working life's NI contributions mean nothing are pretty sickening in my opinion.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Wulfrunia - 8 years ago

I have been having exactly the same problem.

My husband has an S1 which replaced both the E121 and the E106. I am his dependant and I'm being told by Newcastle,that as such Immigration will accept his S1 as proof of my eligibility.

However this is not the case. Cyprus Immigration are saying Newcastle must fill in the space on the S1 for a dependant as it must be typewritten, Newcastle are saying that as it is Cyprus who decides eligibility, they (Newcastle) can't fill it in it is Cyprus' responsibility.

The problem is, my husband is only 60 but has retired on Forces pension, not state pension. If he was drawing his state pension there would be no problem I would be issued a S1 in my own right as his dependant.

So at the moment I'm caught between a rock and a hard place. I thought I may be coming to the end as the last email I received from Newcastle was as follows:

Thank you for your Email dated 12 October 2010. I must apologise for the delay in replying.

The S1 form has replaced the E106 form which was previously issued in circumstances like your husbands. The Cypriot Health Authority should accept the S1 for your husband and then decide who they class as a dependant under the Cypriot health arrangements. They would register the S1 form and send a copy with part B of the E106 which would state who they are accepting as a dependant back to the Overseas Healthcare Team.

Since they do not seem to accept this, I have issued the E106 form instead of the S1. The Overseas Healthcare Team do not complete dependants details as we cannot decide who is a dependant under another countries health arrangements.

The Cypriot Authorities should accept the E106 form and add yourself at part B. I would advise that you supply some sort of documentation which supports you being your husband's dependant. I have also issued yourself with a legislation letter which states you have no medical cover from the UK. This hopefully will allow you to be added to your husbands form.

But having read the original post I'm beginning to doubt this so where do we go from here??

Sorry no image available
Posted by mesogi_123 - 8 years ago

Thank you for all your replies however my question has not been answered.

Is my husband covered on my E106 ?

Thank you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 8 years ago

Hi Sarah_Pyrgos

Many thanks for expanding on my reply. I had the same problem with Newcastle and agree with you about the old hospital.

All the very best
Luvcyprus

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mystic - 8 years ago

That is a really good tip Sarah_Pyrgos about the door! I have been to the old hospital a long time ago when the Cyprus Post thought my delivery of herbal products were hard drugs. They insisted I take them to the hospital lab to be checked out. I remember seeing the long corridors of people everywhere. Its a very chaotic place, but for anyone going for the first time, your posting would prepare them well in advance for what to expect. Like you say things can be quite daunting when on your own, but a little help/ advice from others that have already been there and done it can make a big difference.

Sorry no image available

Thanks Mystic. I've been really lucky and had help from others who have been through the process. If you are on your own it can be daunting but if someone can guide you life is so much easier. All I can say is be prepared to wait and learn your greek numbers, because like a deli counter you get issued with numbers at all stages of the process and need to know them. If nothing else it will make you smile at the hospital because no matter the age, everyone gets fiesty about where in the queue they are. And be prepared for anyone to burst in when you are with the doctor. When you go in to the doctor make sure you shut the door - it has an auto lock so stops the unwanted visitors.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mystic - 8 years ago

Hi Sarah_Pyrgos

That was a really really helpfull answer, and here is a picture of the sign that you refer to, at the office of the Citizens Service Center old port Limassol. I have found them to be very helpfull and friendly there.