Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


EHIC Card refunds

Posted by pricemob-696647 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

1 reply

Sorry no image available
Posted by Toni-680775 - 9 years ago

To get an EHIC download the application form from the Cyprus DOH website, take this with a copy of your passport, and Cypriot Medical card to your local Citizens Service Centre and they will issue it immediately. However if you are in receipt of a UK state pension or on benefits from UK, and have registered using a E123 with the Cypriot Health Authority the system of issuing of EHIC changes in May 2010. The UK DOH website has full information. As I understand the rules EHICS are to be used for emergency treatment only in a receprical public health system in the country you are visiting.
If you have already had treatment outside Cyprus , without a EHIC and you want a personal refund I suggest the best course of action would be for you contact the Cypriot Health Authority direct, or the Citizens Service Centre may be able to help. I have always found them very helpful.