DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

hospital card?

Posted by cheeky73 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cheeky73 - 8 years ago

Hi Ian

I havent actually been yet to sort anything out as I have the worse cold ever!

My Dad came back from uk and decided it be good idea to pass his cold onto me!

Grrrrr!!!!!!!

As far as dentist goes, I think Im going to go to Nicosia, my aunt has recommended a lady she goes to, hopefully she can do a bit of a discount for me!

Thanks for asking anyway. Its appreciated!

Cheers

Irene

Sorry no image available
Posted by WORKER-669771 - 8 years ago

Hi irene ,

how did you get on ??

Sorry no image available
Posted by shopaholic-670119 - 8 years ago

As far as I understood it an E111 form does only cover you for emergency treatment at an A and E dept anywhere in Europe. Am I correct?

I have a pink hospital card ( free treatment) which is calculated on joint income for you and your husband/wife, and covers children under 18.
Any other child over 18 must apply separately.
You need proof of income from tax office ( last tax return), and also a statement from the social insurance office.

In Limassol you can go to the Gov office near the Old port, where they can help with form filling etc. Must have a similar office in all Towns.

I must admit I have never heard of anyone getting dental treatment at the Gov hospitals, but perhaps they do it.
Think I would rather go to my private dentist, and he lets me pay in installments.

Sorry no image available

All hospitals do smear tests and mammograms. But you're in for a long wait, so i would take day off work!

Its what I have heard!

Sorry no image available
Posted by JoHo-689100 - 8 years ago

Hi,

To bill&eva,

They may be right about you not being entitled to a card. I have an old application form for the hospital card - there are two cards - A for free medical care for members of families whose joint annual income does not exceed £CY18,000 and - B for treatment at reduced fees for members of families whose joint annual income is between £CY18,000 and £CY22,000. I don't know if the amounts have changed now that we have euros. But it is based on joint family income, not you and your wife separately.

Now to everyone else I would like to ask what treatment I can get from the hospitals with my hospital card? I live near Limassol. Does the Limassol General hospital have a dentist and do they do smear tests and mammograms there?

JoHo

Sorry no image available
Posted by bill&eva - 8 years ago

My wife and I applied for a hospital card just before xmas ~we filled in the forms and took them to the correct office ~ the rather surly lady dealing with us informed me that I earn to much ( early retirement pension ? ) and we couldn't have a hospital card .

I thought at first that there may have been a simple misunderstanding but as my wife is Cypriot and the interview was conducted in Greek the answer from the lady dealing with us left me a little confused.

Even if I'm not entitled my wife should be ~ I'll have to look into this futher but to be quite honest knowing Cyprus as I do I don't hold out much hope for success.

Bill

Sorry no image available

Thats ok im in paralimni. got my card from larnaca.

'e'

Sorry no image available

Hi Ian, Yeah I have the european health card, I dont know, do you think I could use that to get a dentist in a hospital.

Would it cover that?

I mean I have the little card, but what exactly does it cover?

Does it cover everything?

Sorry Ian, Im chewing your ear off! Im assuming you're in Larnaca so thats why Im asking you.

Apologies! lol

Irene

Sorry no image available

No probs irene i know how hard it can be over here to sort things out , esp when you need them most . Hope you get it sorted out ,did you get a E111 card from the uk before you left as you can use it here if need be , I could suggest a great dentist but shes just past paralimni area and shes doesnt charge the earth , as i had two ....yes two route canal jobs done and she was great .

Any way take care out there. let me know how you get on

Sorry no image available

Thank you Ian. Appreciate your help too.

Take care

Irene