DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Ad in Sunday Mail

Posted by wildbird-704847 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Becky Veitch - 8 years ago

surprise surprise people advertising UK TV for 340 euro obviously not making any money are now advertising again in Sunday mail. wonder how much they are trying to charge this time. Amyone interested in UK TV can get a good picture through the internet if they have good broadband connection and hey its free! Dont be conned by these jokers - they are just out to get your money.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Al Barsha - 8 years ago

Hi there

Looking at all the comments and info on U.K. T.V. I live in a small village I do have broadband do you think this would work up here in the mountains. If so would be very interested in you setting this up for me if you were still available to do so

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by wildbird-704847 - 8 years ago

Totally in agreeance with you Becky, there are too many Brits trying the "lets rip Brits off"game. My tv set up is still going strong and my wife is happy. Phew!! Never know I may watch the Royal Weding next year.

Falcon

Sorry no image available
Posted by Becky Veitch - 8 years ago

Agree with comments about the amount they charge and they are running so many other things (too many fingers in the pie) they dont stick to their own guarantees and dont reply to mail once their system is in. shame that they let the Brits down.

Sorry no image available
Posted by spritzer555 - 8 years ago

Have had only 4 people contact me so far, thought i would be over run lol

Sorry no image available
Posted by jmwads - 8 years ago

Could I ask Falcon what was your set up fee for ? is it via your computer or by something else ? thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by wildbird-704847 - 8 years ago

Rightly so spritzer. I was astounded at the price my friend paid. He is absolutely ranting but one lives and learns.

My guy set this up for 75 euro one off fee and a yearly charge of 25 euro. I am very pleased with it and am upset that the guys who "set my friends up" are british. It does pay to ask around before comitting to anything, or even take recommendations from this site.

Falcon

Sorry no image available

p.s. i am not a business just get fed up with rip offs,

Sorry no image available

You can set this up yourself to run on your computer, and then link to your tv with the correct cable if required,

you can then get all BBC, itv, ch4, ch5, etc and the iplayers that will both record programs and allow you to see back dated stuff as well, once setup the cost is just £50 per year (less than a pound a week) i have been using this for 2 yrs now no problems. (with the record you can then sit down and whatch when you like).

A 2mb net connection or better is required for best results, email me if you want me to send you a how to do sheet or if you would like me to set this up for you, then for 50 euro's i will come to you and show you this working along with any other stuff you may want i.e. how to download any film or music, how to get the best free computer cleaners etc

DO NOT PAY RIP OFF PRICES

Sorry no image available
Posted by HProv - 8 years ago

Thank you Falcon