DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Broadband service failing

Posted by Zygi - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

5 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 5)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Zygi - 9 years ago

Thanks for applying the grey matter. Will look into your suggestions next week. Cheers

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 9 years ago

A further thought - does your landline phone still work OK when the router seems to be having its problems? I wonder if CYTA - somewhere along the line - are using a solar powered/backed up voltage supply, and the back-up battery has failed so it all works OK when the sun is out and fails when the battery is called upon .... or of course this could just be an old man going off in the weeds .... still, just thought I'd try and stimulate everyone else's thoughts. From my own experiences though I only ever have a problem at about 0645 in the mornings when I think CYTA must reboot their servers as I always lose the broadnamd connection for 1-3 minutes and then it's back OK again. I've learnt to just make a cup of coffee at that time as it seems to be pretty much every day!!!!!!!!

Sorry no image available

If it is getting earlier as time goes by it has to be related to something that is running on a dawn/dusk sensor which is usually lighting or security related. Maybe you should also get the electric board out to see if anyone is tapped into your electricity!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Zygi - 9 years ago

Hi there, thanks for the response. Don't think its the street lighting, that was one our first thoughts, and we checked the timings before. However we'll give it another look over the next few nights as the failure was not always at 1830ish. It has gradually been getting earlier as the months pass. It used to be about 2000ish. Neighbours pool etc is worth a question when they return. Not sure when it revives as this happens when we are in bed. Always there first thing in the morning. As you say intriguing.

Sorry no image available

Can't you get them to come out at time of failuer - ie 1815ish?? I'm pretty sure the local engineers here in Moni would do that - even if it was only to stop them making repeated visits to the house!!! Could your supply voltage do something at that time - do street lights come on then - or anything else external to the house? Could it be a neighbour switching on a spa or pool filter system causing a voltage dip. What seems odd is that it stays off all evening - when does it reconnect?? I have found a couple of times that my router has needed a hard reset to get it fully working again. You could even have some form of virus/spyware that somehow or another does something at the same time every day resulting in a lost router. As I said before - equally intriguing is what time it 'recovers' it's sanity.