DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Electricity Bill

Posted by Hinxy - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by maid marian-667424 - 6 years ago

Well Jack of spades it made one hellafa difference to our bills and to our neighbours.

Sorry no image available
Posted by jackofspades - 6 years ago

Tariff 07 would make absolutely no difference to me and probably to most...actually it's worse than tariff 06

Sorry no image available
Posted by cmjham40 - 6 years ago

Hi

weve got a 4 bed holiday home in Cyprus, Ive just checked my bank account and

electricity bill is working out at 450 euros every 2 months!! we are only there about 10 weeks a year.

Does someone come out and check the metres? or do they do estimates?

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by maid marian-667424 - 9 years ago

Go to the electric board and ask for the tarrif 7 meter. We found out about it and our bills were a quarter of what they were. The electricity board doesn't seem to advertise this meter.

Good Luck

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 9 years ago

That does seem a lot; not had our current (sorry about the pun!) bill yet, but our last one was €180 for 2 months - and I thought that was fairly steep!

Graham

Sorry no image available
Posted by jean elliott - 9 years ago

i would get the electricty comp to check your meter if i was you its sounds alot of money to me mine was 85euros ok i have no pool but but i have a three bed house and all the other things u you mention

j elliott

Sorry no image available
Posted by CHERYL 57-669163 - 9 years ago

If you use fans instead of a/c it will come down a little, we have a 4 bedroom and pool use only 3 bedrooms and use the fans ours was 234.00 euro for the last bill, which is quite good

Sorry no image available
Posted by Miguel-661697 - 9 years ago

Hinxy

You will not regret buying it. Easy to use and puts you into a habit to switch off things or reduce such things like A/C. There will be some surprises when you first see how much electricty things use - such as a kettle!!

Unfortunately I'm on the outskirts of Limassol - so you'll just have to give it a try yourself.

Good luck......

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hinxy - 9 years ago

Thanks Johnners for your response. Lots of good ideas and advise. Will look into what we can do to reduce usage.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Hinxy - 9 years ago

Thanks for your response Miguel. Have looked at the device and am considering buying. By the way, I am in Avgorou.