DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Electricity prices

Posted by Devonite-692897 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by CHERYL 57-669163 - 9 years ago

I wish I never came here......toatlly agree with peoples

Sorry no image available
Posted by Devonite-692897 - 9 years ago

ya, i guess you're right...this is ...CYPRUS !!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ysgol - 9 years ago

Hear hear!!!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by bubblemaker;oP - 9 years ago

Hi there

What has happened is that Cyprus was fined heavily for their emissions for producing electricity.......which they have very generously passed on to the "paying customer" by increasing our bills. I have only had bad dealings with the electricity authority, they done even adhere to IEE 17th edition, and hence are clearly breaking the EU rules.

Problem is that the greed has taken over since Cyprus joining the EU, as we know, prices have rocketed, and now they have to adhere to rules, (not just gain money from the EU), they are hencewith being fined for not adhering. They are paying fines for not supplying an ambulance service with paramedics, and people are dying because of this! Trouble is, paying the fine is often less than sorting the problem.......so we all know what the end result will be.

Bitter???? yep, I am. I am half Cypriot, have lived most of my life here, and very mistakenly built a house, only to have to put up with immense stupidity & arrogance, not to mention being ripped off. No wonder people are leaving in droves. Cyprus, you have priced yourself out of the market, and only have yourselves to blame!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Devonite-692897 - 9 years ago

well, I think you know what I meant, I should've added a 0 there....0.07, 7 cents/kw/h

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spanner-666908 - 9 years ago

If what you are paying went from "0,7 E/Kwh to 0.1558 E/Kwh" you have had a 77% reduction in price!