DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Filmon.com

Posted by mesogi_123 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mesogi_123 - 8 years ago

Hi,
It is worse than ever for us! After about 5 mins it stops and a message comes on saying subscription expired, then we have to close it and start again. It must be something to do with the downloading because I have registered and had my username and password verified by e-mail any ideas?

Thanks Carol

Sorry no image available
Posted by Harry Abroad - 8 years ago

I know Filmon moved their services to a new location and for a while things were rocky. They have since released this new version. 2.9 and started their new services. It now works BRILLIANTLY for me!

Sorry no image available

Hi,

We are on 2 meg with Cyta and find it really expensive so will not be upgrading. We will just have to put up with the pausing however the picture does not cover the whole screen, we have tried altering it with the TV remote but there is no change can it be altered via the computer?
Thank you again,
Carol.

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

The pausing you're now describing sounds like your internet connection speed not a problem with the filmon software. Have you checked what download speed you're getting? Don't assume because your provider quotes 'upto 4 megs' you're getting 4 megs. If your true speed is below 2megs then most streaming will stop and start, particularly at busy times on the internet.

Johnners

Sorry no image available

Hi,

Thank you for your replies. We have put the old version of Filmon on the media centre from the laptop via a memory stick (can't find clean version).It is much better as it only pauses for a few seconds then continues. Would you say this is as good as it gets?

Thank you,

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tricky-674129 - 8 years ago

Do you have the clean version of filmon software as on their web-site they only have the new version. And to add insult to injury i recently restored my operating system and do not have the original file. Or do you have a link where i can download it from???

Regards,
Kate

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hi Mesogi & Tricky,

Filmon recently upgraded their software which has led to most of the problems of pausing & crashing. I was told the only way to rectify this was to completely uninstall the filmon software and reload a 'clean' version from their website. I did this on our laptop and PC and both are now running fine.

As a precaution you must create a restore point or do a complete back up of your machine before you start. Then if all goes pear shaped at least you can get back to where you were.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by Tricky-674129 - 8 years ago

hi ... yes we are having the same problem and we down loaded both versions and even subscribed to it but as you say it just keeps pausing i would also like to know if any one can give advice ... thanks