DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Generator

Posted by Chihuahua Lady - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by cyberdog - 7 years ago

Is this generator still available ?

Sorry no image available
Posted by bubblemaker;oP - 8 years ago

Hi

I have a silent running, water cooled, diesel generator, designed for "continual run". I purchased it for the same reasons as yourself-it took then 2 years to connect my power.

It has been very well looked after, serviced regularly, and in very good condition. I found buying was a better otpion than renting as there is no definitive answer of how long itll take to connect your power.

If you are interested, please call 97683472, It is at a very reasonable price compared to what they are sold for on the island.

Kind regards

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chihuahua Lady - 8 years ago

Thank you Johners

It is for a new house we have built in the middle of no where and may take another 6 to 8 months to get electric.The Generator would be just running the lights and TV . We would rather be in our own house than keep renting.So if you know where we can rent a Generator it would be good.

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 8 years ago

Hi Chihuahua Lady,

I assume you aren't near a feed from the national grid therefore you want to be able to power your home independently. A generator to power your entire villas electrical requirements is going to be very expensive, either to buy or hire.

If you go down the generator route you'll need a list of the must have items you want to run then add up the power they require (in watts) and then get a generator with capacity to spare. You'll need to find out how much power your essential appliances (fridge, freezer etc) require. If you have an electric oven, hob or grill then your power demands rockets and a generator (unless it's really big) won't be able to run them.

You need to consider this option very carefully and calculate the ongoing costs too, fuel servicing etc. It's not as easy as some people may think or tell you.

Stating the obvious perhaps: but if your property is connected to the mains supply do not even think of connecting an alternative power source. Seek professional advice.

Johnners