DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Importing goods from UK

Posted by PEDS111 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi again Peds111,

Okay that's good news.

I think it's worth highlighting the situation to other would be importers of fridges and freezers. You must check if they will work properly here in Cyprus. Generally the units sold in the UK do not have the same insulation properties as those made for the climate here. It's also likely the refrigeration unit itself won't be up to the job. This means although your fridge or freezer will work, it will be switching on and off more often and the unit working harder to keep the temps within limits. It will only be a short time before it gives up completely, also it will have used more electricity too.

As you may have read and heard elsewhere electrical goods are much cheaper in the UK compared to Cyprus but as far as fridges and freezers go you must buy one that is built for the job. It's false economy not to do so.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by PEDS111 - 9 years ago

No i already have a fridge and freezer,just imported cooker and dishwashers along with kitchens.

Sorry no image available
Posted by gardner-664257 - 9 years ago

I must say we have used the same companyand have never had any problems whatsoever ,we'd reccomend them to anyone ..

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi Peds111

Good to hear you found a company that delivers, not only your goods, but also on what it promises. Too often I read about a company saying it will do this and that but when it comes to the crunch they fail in some way. So frustrating.

By the way if your imported white goods included fridges and freezers did you check they were suitable for the climate here in Cyprus? Appliances aren't manufactured to the specifications for all regions of the world and some fall woefully short of what's required here.

Johnners