DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Laptop problem...

Posted by thedon29 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by thedon29 - 8 years ago

Ah, I know who you mean, the leshiest of all the leshes.....I take the laptop to him...

Sorry no image available
Posted by mogreen - 8 years ago

Ah yes , take it to this bald guy in the airport he is really good, he will defo fix it. He goes by the name Lesh.

Sorry no image available

Hi Amylou(Mike), Thanks for the reply. Yep, done that loads of times but my external monitor just stays black?

Sorry no image available
Posted by amylou-666706 - 8 years ago

Hi Don,
when it reverts back to your white screen, as said before hold down Fn and hit F4, it is usually different screen options, second monitor, first monitor, dual monitor etc, and sometimes size. it will change every time you press F4.

if you get a picture on your external you can then investigate the wifi, probably needs enabling.

hope this helps,

Mike

Sorry no image available

I keep connecting my laptop (Acer 9410z) to an external monitor, works fine when loading Windows XP part, after loading, switches to laptop screen showing white screen with blue lines? Also, just got wifi connection with Cyta, install cd, then message pops up telling me theres no wifi in the laptop, but I know the laptop has?! Anyone has any answers to these problems. Much appriciated....

Sorry no image available

ok, will do, thanks for all the replies...

Sorry no image available
Posted by lime-676998 - 8 years ago

Most laptops have a special combination of buttons that allows switching between internal and external monitors (something like 'Fn + F8'). Check your laptop's manual. Of course, there is always a chance that your graphics card driver has taken over this function... 

Sorry no image available

Hi DrTraveler. I hooked up my laptop to another monitor screen, windows start up screen appeared on it, then when windows finished loading, and screen transfered back to laptop screen showing white screen again?? How do I keep it to stay on external screen? Regards..

Sorry no image available
Posted by DrTraveler - 8 years ago

hook it up to an external computer screen. If you can hear windows starting, most probably it's the cabling between your monitor and the laptop motherboard. If so when you hook it up to an external monitor it "should" work. Hook it up to the monitor before you turn it on, if nothing at all comes on the monitor, wait for windows to load then look on your keyboard for a combination of keys that switches on the external monitor. This is usually a key in blue that says Fn pressed at the same time as one of the function keys that has a picture of the laptop and a monitor or a square next to it.
If that doesn't work, it's time for a new laptop. If it works, then if you are handy you can take it apart, clean the cable connectors with a can of air and reconnect hoping for the best :)

Sorry no image available

Hi B-Negative. The problem appears from the start and I dont see the Bios screen, in fact nothing at all !!