DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Linen.....Please can anyone suggest

Posted by greenfly60 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by greenfly60 - 8 years ago

I do agree with the last writer, just at the moment we are using a fair amount of towels just mopping ourselves up.
So come to conclusion of we give our guests 2 bath towels , one hand towel per person and 2 bathroom hand towels in self catering, most peeps will be ok with that?

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 8 years ago

No, I don't think 1 bath a week is enough - should be 2 bath and 1 hand per week - that is what I would expect as a guest. It is a tricky one to gauge though - as everybody has different habits. I dont think the issue is the towels getting dirty - more likely to be damp/wet when needed, so a spare required!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by belinda-675574 - 8 years ago

As a guest. 1 towel each per week is nowhere near enough given the amount of showers taken. 1 towel (bath) per day is the minimum I would expect, this is what we use at home. 1 bath towel each per day and 1 hand towel each every 2nd day.

Sorry no image available

Hi every one many thanks for your help.
I get the picture, generally it's 2 per person.
one large one small, bonus if you get more. Change mid term if staying more than a week.
I take it that where more towels are provided especially 3 bath and 2 hand per person, ( not ever got that! ) guests will be paying much more for the accommodation?

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 8 years ago

Anything over and above 3 bath towels and two hand towels per person per week would be excessive, particularly if there is a washing machine on the premises. Self-catering accommodation worldwide never provides the change-the-bedsheets-and-towels-every-day option of the world's most luxurious 5* hotels, which now invite their guests to be environmentally friendly and re-use linen and towels! The Average Ritz-Carlton guest now only changes towels/bathrobes etc every 3-7 days!

Sorry no image available

Hi Belinda are you speaking as a Guest who would expect that or an apartment owner who provides this please?

Sorry no image available
Posted by belinda-675574 - 8 years ago

3 bath - 1 being used, 1 in the wash and 1 ready to use, shower 2x daily I would use 1 towel and put to wash daily, and only wash linen/clothes etc every day. Hand towels changed every 2nd day.

Sorry no image available
Posted by i-Mac - 8 years ago

Hi greenflyWe have 30 holiday villas on our books.
Yes , our guests are given clean sheets and towels every 7 days. PS. They are asked to bring their own beach/swimming pool towels.

Sorry no image available

i-Mac please can I ask another q. ?
if peeps stay for two weeks are they given a clean set half way through the stay ? thanks

Sorry no image available

Hello i-Mac, I appreciate your thoughts too.
I worked out Relocating's suggestion at the same rate .......... which seems very generous.
You will see my further question to relocating.