DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

live tv via internet

Posted by janewhite-694410 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by smudgertompkins - 7 years ago

we explored all options for this and then we got help from a guy our friends new. He helped and did it for us including networking us throughout the house without cables and wireless just doesn't work well through the concrete.

Anybody wanting his number, email me and I will send it to you.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cyprus-668139 - 7 years ago

well what can i say, you could have had free english-us,etc. live tv for FREE.

just goto this page no set up required, very easy live tv programmes.

http://myiplayer.com/home.php

i am sorry you both wasted good cash.

have fun. :)))

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mahogany - 7 years ago

Hi i followed your intructions and have been watching UK TV now for the last 4 months. For some reason though i do not get channel - any ideas why?

Apart from that it is brill- thnak you for taking your time to share your knowledge.

Sorry no image available
Posted by dave giddy - 9 years ago

Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cyprus2010 - 9 years ago

You get

BBC 1,2,3,4 plus all Radio stations through www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer - this also allows you to watch any program that has been on for the last 7 days - you can stop, start - pause etc.

ITV 1,2,3,4 - www.itv.com/iplayer this also allows you to watch any program the has been on for the last 7 days

C4/C5 on demand - www.channel4.com/VOD - this gives you most programs from the last 30 days

www.tvcatchup.com this gives you all the Live to Air programs from the UK

Sorry no image available

MUCH BETTER

Sorry no image available

FREE Films, TV Programs, GAMES and Music

Guys. This is not exactly legal but most people I know do it. Up to you....I am not endorsing this, just showing you that it is possible. J

If you want to download free TV episodes, Films, Music and Games. It is very easy to do and most importantly FREE.

1. Go to www.download.com and in the search field type in Utorrent.

2. Follow the instructions to download and then install Utorrent on your computer.

3. Go to www.torrentz.com - It has a search field at the top - Just type in what you want to download - Name of Film, TV Programs, and Music Artist etc

4. Chose the file (film etc) you want to download and click download. This will then take you to another website like, www.piratebay.com - www.torrenthound.com - then click on the file and press download - www.torrentz.com scans about 15 Torrent sites (free downloads) and is the best site on the internet - If you see anything that asks you for money or membership it is a con....do not touch

HINTS - For good quality films, they should be around 700MB - TV programs should be around 200-300mb - avoid downloading films that have TS or TC - these are hand held camera's in cinema's and the quality isn’t very good. Look out for Files that DivX - DVDRip .AVI. Or Screener these are very good quality - There is a group on their called AXXO - if you search for this - the quality will be excellent

4. It will then open up Utorrent and start downloading - The utorrent will show you the progress of the download and will pop up when it finishes

5. Once the download has finished, right click - open containing folder and your file will be there. Then just click to open it.

6. If you can’t see the picture or see the picture but know sound go to www.download.com and search for VLC Player and install it - this is a programs that plays just about anything on the web.

PLEASE NOTE – WHEN YOU ARE DOWNLOADING USING UTORRENT IT WILL USE ALL YOU AVAILABLE BANDWIDTH/SPEED – BEST TO DO IT AT NIGHT WHEN YOU ARE ASLEEP OR WHEN YOU ARE OUT OF THE HOUSE.

If you get stuck - mail me....

Sorry no image available
Posted by dave giddy - 9 years ago

Sorry just thought of a couple more questions besides query on firefox....Do you think it is better than i-portal and do you get all itv programs ie itv 1,2 and 3?

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ysgol - 9 years ago

If any one wants a neighbour I will chip in

Sorry no image available

It works on any browser - Internet Explorer is the worst. Firefox and Chrome are the best

Thx