DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Mobile Phone help

Posted by thedon29 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 9 years ago

Megapixels are sales hype when it comes to camera quality - anything over 3 will gove perv=fectly adequate results for the normal consumer (but don't say I said this) - concentrate on lens and optical zoom where the camera is concerned. If you go to video quality then look for 1080p HD resolution (and I dont think any phones offer this yet)

Sorry no image available

Ask in the shop with regard to optical zoom capability. If it is inferior to what a camera would provide then forget about trying to be clever and getting all in one device and go for two seperate ones. Phones are phones and cameras are cameras - they are not yet comparable in the camera front!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry no image available
Posted by thedon29 - 9 years ago

Thanks chodg for that info, but im sure it will be way out of my price range! Do you know which one of the 2 phones i have found which have the better quality for taking photos??

Sorry no image available
Posted by chodg - 9 years ago

Hi, Just to let you know that Samsung have brought out a new phone with a 12mp camera on it.

Kindest regards

Chodg

Sorry no image available
Posted by thedon29 - 9 years ago

Thanks for the reply. Still wouldlike to know which phone has the better quality out of the two?! Anyone?!

Sorry no image available

Depends what you mean by 'good'. It's the lens and optical zoom capability that setermines picture quality above all else. There is absolutely no need for a camera greater than 5megapixel for the average camera (and phone) user. All phone cams will be inadequate for camera use compared to a stand alone camera. I would say go for a phone as a phone (hard to find) and a decent compact camera with good (say 8-10 times) OPTICAL zoom (not digital).