DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

phone/internet connection

Posted by dave giddy - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by dave giddy - 8 years ago

had telepassport for a week now. very pleased

Sorry no image available
Posted by dave giddy - 8 years ago

yes. after copious investigation i have. it sounds a vast improvement on cyta. i will post when we are up and running in a couple of weeks time

Sorry no image available
Posted by woodywormfarm - 8 years ago

But has anyone actually taken the plunge yet ..................... ????

Sorry no image available
Posted by dave giddy - 9 years ago

I have now spoken to computer central in Larnaca and it seem s you can b reak away completely from Cyta.Telepassport phone/2Mb broadband is 38.95 euros all in as opposed to Cyta 59.72

Sorry no image available

Thanks Bill. Unfortunately the village that I live in only has Cyta and then we only got broadband last year.I avoid Cyta whenever I can but at the moment am stuck with it.....unless this mynet is any good. To be fair the reception and continuity from Cyta has been good.....watch this space

Sorry no image available
Posted by bill&eva - 9 years ago

It would pay you to call Cablenet and see if they service your area yet .

They are slowly getting round to covering the Larnaca area ~ their system works on fibre optic cable brought to your street/home and doesn't go anywhere near Cyta's phone lines or exchanges .

I changed over to Cablenet two months ago and at €42 for phone, 40 channel TV and 5 meg internet it's very good value for money.

Bill

Sorry no image available

hi Bill and Eva. The company pushing this are in Larnaca....Computer Central on 24824080. www.computercentral.com.cy. They have sent me some details and on the face of it looks cheaper for wider broadband than cyta. They say it can operate anywhere there is a cyta line but I am cautious about switching without finding someone who has done so. It's most unusual not to find anybody at all who has any knowledge of a sevice

Sorry no image available
Posted by bill&eva - 9 years ago

I must admit I haven't heard of them either ~~ I've asked around a few friends who are more into the various internet providers and they haven't heard of this company at all .

I and my friends are in Larnaca and the east of the island

Which area are you in as the company might be area specific .

Bill

Sorry no image available

Thanks for that Johnners.That website doesn;t mention them though,According to their own website they are allowed by Cyta to provide landlines/dsl but I hadn't heard of them until I saw an ad in Yassou magazine

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi Dave,

Take a look at http://www.cyprusbroadband.net and see if they have any reviews. You can also post your question there to see if anyone uses 'My Net' and what they think of it.

Johnners