DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Please help. Internet setup issue.

Posted by kleanthis1 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 8 years ago

What do you have in the kitchen?? If you are just using one computer/laptop in the kitchn then just plug that computer directly into the mains network adapter that you have just put in the kitchen and forget about the wireless router. Why do you have the router and a modem out of curiosity - another option may be to do away with the modem. Is the 'modem' a CYTA style router rather than a modem (since you say it is wireless). I don't quite have a mental image of your setup. In my setup I have a cyta broadbant router connected to the internet. One of the wired ports goes to one PC , one to another, one to a mains network adapter and through to another PC and I also have a wirless print server and wireless connection to a netbook - basically everything goes through the single router and is connected to the router via either wireless, mains network or wired directly to the router.

Sorry no image available
Posted by wildbird-704847 - 8 years ago

Call Bill from computer assistance he is brilliant and will sort you out. his number is 25432034 or his mobile is 99114617. I never go anywhere else.

Falcon

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonskyman - 8 years ago

If you do a wireless network search do you find both routers ? If so you could ignore the modem and connect to the router.