DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Pool Pump

Posted by sandra46-681487 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sandra46-681487 - 9 years ago

i would like to thank everyone who took the time to contribute their expertise to this topic. thanks to you all, i now have a semblance of what should be occurring. the pool was on far too long, but we can look forward to reduced bills and i know what to look for re: PH levels etc. the pool is healthy and i will be checking to see it remains so!

many thanks once again to all those kind people who gave their advice so freely.

Sandra 46

Sorry no image available
Posted by H2Owen - 9 years ago

Hi Sandra,

The pool pump should be running between 6 and 8 hours everyday, this is the recommendation of the ISRM. You also need to test weekly for the pH levels, free and used chlorine, alkalinity, calcium hardness, water balance, TDS and cyanuric acid. If you want to know anymore e-mail me and I'll give you my number

Thanks

Mike

Sorry no image available
Posted by Cypruswez - 9 years ago

Hi Sandra46.

Winter time the pool pump can be set to run for two or three hours a day. Check with your pool maintenance contractor. He should keep a log of test results, which is a legal requirement.

For best results, run the pump twice or three times a day, to prevent stagnation. Remove debris regularly and you should have no problems. IMPORTANT!!!! Keep the pH as close to 7.3 as possible.

Sorry no image available
Posted by oakland-685861 - 9 years ago

Hi

A good turn over for a Garden / Private pool with normal use would be 8 to 10 Hours .

It may be the case that the pool installed is not sufficient for the Pool Volume , check on the pump for the Flow Rate , it should be shown in M3 , then measure your pool , Length , Width and Average Depth , that will give you the M3 volume , from that point you can see if the 8 to 10 Hours is sufficient for the complete pool turnover .

It also depends on the pipe sizes , as only so much can flow through a specific sized pipe .

If you need more info please respond and I will send you my telephone number .

Regards

Les

Sorry no image available
Posted by napier11 - 9 years ago

Holly - are those hours per day or per week please? Thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by holly-668269 - 9 years ago

Pool pump running times I have used now for 5 years is ---- Winter 3-4 hours and Summer 8-10 hours, if it a big pool you may have 2 pumps working on it which will double the electricity used, hope this helps.