DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sat cards for my receiver - Where?

Posted by Soulman-696414 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

3 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 3)

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonskyman - 9 years ago

Having a dedicated receiver gives you access to an all day or week tv guide. I have not heard of your receiver but the card slot probably accepts the scrambling system the pay packages use eg Irdeto or Viaccess. Some receivers are cas which play most systems(except sky).If it is cheap and cheerful or outdated it might not activate cards.

Or you can redirect your dish to Nilesat and get ,for free, lots of movie channels,action ,drama,comedies etc from America(with Arabic subtitles)

Free and legal and you can upgrade to Showtime if you want more.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Soulman-696414 - 9 years ago

Hi,

I am pretty sure its hotbird (or sirius) on which 2250 of the channels are (Many are the same just repeated over and over, so unsure how many there really are) There is also Sirius (or hotbird) and some other one but they only hold 20-30 channels as I recall. Cant see "Nilesat" anywhere so I presume I dont have that one for sure.

What do I need a new receiver for? Can't I just buy a card for the receiver I already have?

Thanks for helping me out, highly appriciated.

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonskyman - 9 years ago

Well it looks like the main channels are on a satellite called Hotbird. There is a subscription package called Nova Cyprus which has movies,sports,documentaries,music and cartoons. You can apply to Multichoice for it,they will give you a receiver and viewing card. I am not sure where thir shop is though. If you get many Arab channels you may have another dish pointing to Nilesat which also has a package called Showtime which has a bigger selection of channels and includes programs from UK.