DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Shocked

Posted by cybrit - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kitkarman - 9 years ago

Must waste a lot of electric 30 euros for 2 months, my previous bill 39 e last bill 49e.

Turn everthing off your not using, dont leave stuff on standby dont need a meter for that.

Sorry no image available
Posted by belinda-675574 - 9 years ago

Cybrit,

Mine does not keep a reading but then I don't need one for that, I was curious as to how much I am wasting and believe me I am shocked at wastage. I reckon I could save the 30 euros in 1 period alone. I am pleased with it and should have got one along time ago. Oh well hindsight eh??

Belinda

Sorry no image available
Posted by journo-666338 - 9 years ago

You don't need a meter. Just apply common sense to your usage of electricity!

Sorry no image available
Posted by seathy - 9 years ago

Hi Bill,
I've an ElectriSave for sale - will let you have it for 30Euros - similar to these:

http://www.letsautomate.com/12516.cfm

http://www.articlesbase.com/home-and-family-articles/learn-about-the-electrisave-home-wireless-electricity-use-monitor-189484.html

Price € 30

Price ONO - PM me or call 97727532

Sorry no image available
Posted by cybrit - 9 years ago

Hi Belinda

Glad you found one, bet you were amazed how much you used. Is yours the basic model or is like the one we purchased that shows a complete history of cost over a period of 32 months. If its the basic one I might get one for my office, little used there, but handy to keep an eye on it.

Bill Mason (now saving cents)

Sorry no image available
Posted by belinda-675574 - 9 years ago

I have just bought one of these in the computer shop in Trimiklini and it cost me 30 euros. It conforms to BS standards and is marked as such. I am amazed at how much electric I was using. OOps. The shop number is 25432034 if anyone is interested.

Happy savings

Belinda

Sorry no image available
Posted by kitkarman - 9 years ago

How can you use less electric and bill double unless meter reads double,

electric cant of doubled in price per unit surely.

Hope not anyway.

Sorry no image available

Hi brit-build-ltd

Glad it's not just me that thinks electricity is exspensive here, the wireless monitor I mentioned previous has definitely helped me to save money in the past few weeks. In this day and age every little cent helps, mind you we are still thinking of down grading to a smaller property now the kids have left home.

Bill Mason (definitely saving cents)

Sorry no image available
Posted by brit-build-ltd - 9 years ago

I said exactly the same thing to my wife the other day,we used less but our bill doubled,as with a lot of others i am beyond shock with this country

Sorry no image available

Hi Graham S

I have gone back over my last 5 bills (€1088 for 10 months) and compared them to my neighbours, everyone in our street (only 6 houses) are around the same, surely all the meter can't be wrong. We live in quite a large house, so when everything is on the units rack up. We did have the installation checked by a UK Electrician NICEIC registered and he confirmed that the installation was sound. I think it's just a matter of checking things and making sure you don't leave them on.

Bill Mason (definitely saving cents)