DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Sky TV Packages

Posted by Shazza52 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

7 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 7)

Sorry no image available
Posted by No longer Online - 8 years ago

Hi Simonskyman

As usual many thanks for your input it is much appreciated

Luvcyprus

Sorry no image available
Posted by simonskyman - 8 years ago

You can get CH4 on a 1.5m dish(just) and should work okay on a 1.8m dish but you will need a skybox with a freesat card,which will also get you ITV,Five,Five Usa and Fiver. To get most of the family entertainment package,and Sky Sports (No BBC)a 2.4/2.7 is adequate and there are many second hand for sale now and again.

Sorry no image available

Hi Patcon

As far as I am aware you will need a 3mtr dish to get Channel 4 live, I do not know of any other way here, perhaps someone else can advise. If you have a 3mtr dish just connect your SKY box up normally and remove the card and the majority of free to view channels are available, however you will have to use other channels for ITV and these are on the weak transponder (strong one is encoded and requires free to view card).
A Dreambox is just a satellite / cable receiver and you can use cardsharing systems to decode. Best thing to understand this is to google cardsharing.

Hope this helps
Luvcyprus

Sorry no image available
Posted by patcon - 8 years ago

Hi luvcyprus,

have had 4 different systems since living in Cyprus.......at the moment using Cytavision and "Internet Viewing" of UK TV Stations (No Channel 4 Live Broadcasts only Playback) Total costs around €60 a month Total. What is "Dreambox" and "Cline"? I live in Larnaca. Have been tempted to try 2x 1 mtr dishes and "Primetel" (Not sure how it works) but cost is approx €1000 to set up and a yearly payment of approx €300. I have still got my Sky box (brought over when we moved here) but dont subscribe ......Any advice please? .........PS Mainly want to be able to watch Channel 4 Racing

Sorry no image available

Hi Patcon
Sorry for taking so long to get back but been busy and forgot to check this thread.

You can pay anything from €500 - €1000 for a 3m dish and that may or may not be installed. If your neighbour has one and is not using/or is willing to upgrade the lnb to more ports you can tap off that dish, providing distance is acceptable. I have had SKY all the time I have been here and have had no problems with SKY but have had the dish realigned a few times. Because of the price of SKY now I use a dreambox and a cline to get SKY but you still need the 3m dish. Dreamboxes are available on island and there are plenty of people who will supply you with a cline, cost around €250 a year.

Hope this is of help

Luvcyprus

Sorry no image available
Posted by patcon - 8 years ago

Hi Luvcyprus....What is the procedure if you have a problem with receiving sky.....loss of picture etc? who do you contact, If you phone the UK, they will know where you are? Also How much should one expect to pay for a 3mtr Dish Supply and fit? Patcon

Sorry no image available

Hi Shaz

Providing your card remains registered in the UK, at you address, I would bring the box and card with you it will work here but remember you will need a 3m dish to get the majority of channels.