DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Viewing UK TV via internet

Posted by dxlmxl - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

10 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 10)

Sorry no image available
Posted by uk69gb - 9 years ago

Thank you Graham
I appreciate your swift response and agree with the sentiment.
Cheers

Sorry no image available
Posted by AndrewMoni - 9 years ago

I always use the Lamnia VPN service at about 5 quid a month for a year to watch BBC etc via either iplayer, catchup or live streaming. I find the catch up services more convenient than watching live due to the time differences, so watch most of my TV this way - a day behind as it were. Still, Lamnia is good .. and can be found here at http://www.lamnia.co.uk?xyz=8 and subscriptions are from a month to a year (getting cheaper for longer of course!!)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 9 years ago

The software in question hides your true IP address and allows you to access UK online TV (BBc i Player & ITV Player) just as if you were in the UK. I don't like to tread on Bill's toes or take business away from him, so with all due respect I think it would be best to contact him. Contact details have already been given earlier in this thread. Hope this helps.

Graham

Sorry no image available
Posted by uk69gb - 9 years ago

Thanks Graham .... after seeing your comments, I downloaded and now use FilmOn .... wonderful.
You mentioned another piece of software (for more channels) .... please advise the name of that software.
Thanks in advance

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ysgol - 9 years ago

Many thanks to all reply's shall give it another go.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 9 years ago

Ysgol, sounds as though there might have been an error during your download or installation. I would try uninstalling it via Windows Control Panel and reinstalling. If that doesn't cure it I'd uninstall and download again. If it still doesn't work I'm a bit mystified. My installation starts with the swirly logo & jingle, then defaults straight to BBC News 24 (probably because it's at or near the top of the channel list) with the channel list in a separate pane to the right of the video. It worked smoothly from day 1.

For the record, it's running on a laptop with a 1.6G Celeron processor, 960Mb RAM and a 2Mb internet connection via the Speedtouch wireless modem that comes with the standard Cytanet broadband package. Had no problems at all so far.

Cheers

Graham

Sorry no image available
Posted by jaspers dad - 9 years ago

Try www.computass.com for Bills opening hours & info

Sorry no image available
Posted by desagun - 9 years ago

Get Bill to sort out your problems, very experienced and it's only sixty quid and your'e up and running. Bills tel num. 99114617. De

Sorry no image available
Posted by VinnyC-673555 - 9 years ago

Hi Ysgol, could be one of two problems, down load speed of your modem or computer speed? If your computer is very old the chances are its not fast enough to stream the incoming pictures. Your computer needs to be quite powerful and your modem needs to be quite quick.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Ysgol - 9 years ago

ok so far I have got in to the screen where their logo swirles up and then a blank white screen................ any advice

many thanks!