DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Wanted Urgently A Sky Engineer/Technician

Posted by sunnydaysincyprus - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by sunnydaysincyprus - 9 years ago

In response to the many replies I got regarding my satellite system, I have just had Simon round and he has sorted my problem out straight away. As i suspected not only was the signal strength very week but the dish was also out of shape. Simon spent a little time pushing and pulling the dish back into shape and could see from his gadget machine when the signal got stronger.

So to cap it all, it was nothing to do with the SKY HD + box. I tried many of the things you guys suggested and I thank you all for that advice but in the end it had me beat and I called Simon.

To be honest I wish i had done that 2 weeks ago, I now have loads more channels too......

So if i can offer any of you having problems with your digi boxes or satellite dish please give Simon a call on 99696889.

He was here for a little over an hour fixed the problem, tunned in loads more channels for the huge some of 40 Euros Best 40 euros i've spent this year.

Many thanks again to all of you who took the time to post replies and a massive thank you to Simon for coming out so quickly to fix it.

Sorry no image available
Posted by pdobbo - 9 years ago

We had this last week, and solved it ourselves by doing "housekeeping" on the hard drive (if it is Sky+). You lose all your recorded programmes, but it needs doing every 6 months or so anyway.

Just Google and you will find loads of instructions on how to do it yourself.

Sorry no image available
Posted by cherie-693127 - 9 years ago

Hi

I no of a very good engineer he done ours his name is Mark but I dont no if he travels to Limassol he is in paphos his number is 99171127 tell him i gave you his number

Thanks

Cherie

Sorry no image available
Posted by petecyprus - 9 years ago

ring simon on 99696889