DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Water

Posted by Sharon52 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

6 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 6)

Sorry no image available
Posted by achilleas - 9 years ago

Unfortunately, the deposit is needed because people have "done-a-runner" in the past - and still do.
I was with an Estate Agent customer 2 weeks ago and he had 2 bills in front of him. He told me that they had both done a runner from the rented properties and although he had 1 month rent, he still had to pay the bills (water and electricity) on the 2 rents - one guy from Romania and one family from the UK.
He vowed never to leave the properties on his name :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by lar-wom-75 - 9 years ago

Hi,

When I moved in to my flat in Larnaka recently the waterboard charged 45 euro in deposit. The way they explained to me is that when I move, I just go back there with the paper showing that I paid that sum and I will get it back then. I agree with the previos posts, the only way not to pay this is if your friends landlord agrees to keep the bills in his name.

Sorry no image available
Posted by lime-676998 - 9 years ago

They have a similar practice in Limassol, but it is much less than 200 Euros (something like 50-100, can't remember...)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Giorga Polydorou - 9 years ago

Hi ask the landlord to keep the water bill on his name atherwise will not take the house I rend two flats and always I have the water bill on my name

Sorry no image available
Posted by jacksdad-691272 - 9 years ago

We live in a village in Paphos and when my brother-in-law rented his house out the Mukthar charges the new people 170 tis is in case you do a runner with out paying, they did get it back when they left that was this year

Sorry no image available
Posted by brit-build-ltd - 9 years ago

Tell them not to do it,it is a rip off,it used to be 20 pounds