DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Water Butts

Posted by Graham S - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

4 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 4)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 9 years ago

Never had any problem - it's all within the EU and the stuff's collected by the courier in the UK, the requisite EU paperwork is completed (2 mins at most) and a week or so later it arrives on my doorstep here. The only time I've ever had to complete a Customs form was when I had something sent from Japan. Otherwise, no problems. I've even had stuff come from the USA without Customs bothering with it.

Graham

Sorry no image available
Posted by De Sagun - 9 years ago

Hi Graham, how do you get on with the customs if you are sending over a pile of english goodies say mainly food and toileteries etc. just had an idea send over a wheelie bin full and then sell the bin to offset the shipping cost De

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 9 years ago

Actually, I've done it before! As you say, fill it with goodies, pack it into a secure parcel and send it by a courier (I always use Fast Lane International). They charge by volume rather than by weight, so it can work out quite an economical way of sending a load of stuff over. I think the last one I sent over - a couple of years ago now - cost about £45. It would be an expensive way of sending an empty butt, but packed full of stuff it makes a lot more sense.......

Graham

Sorry no image available
Posted by De Sagun - 9 years ago

How can you send over a water butt , surely it will be very expensive, or are you going to fill it with goodies that are expensive here. How much to send over a water butt ? I think it's a very good idea. De