DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

water charges

Posted by loadsatime-678473 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by loadsatime-678473 - 9 years ago

Hi every contributor thanks for the information very helpfull

Sorry no image available
Posted by Graham S - 9 years ago

I'm sure it does vary from place to place - most things here seem to!

Sorry no image available
Posted by johnners-660966 - 9 years ago

Hi Loadsatime,

The charge will vary depending which municipality you live in. The tarriff starts at 40 cubic tonnes per house. If you use more than 40 CT you will get an added premium there are rate increases for every five cubic tonnes used thereafter eg: 41 to 45 - 46 to 50 - 51 to 55 cubic tonnes.

Johnners

Sorry no image available
Posted by emba - 9 years ago

ok thanks, seen though other posts that it varies greatly from municipality to municipality

Sorry no image available

Couldn't say how the charges work, I'm afraid - we've never gone over the amount where extra charges apply. Sorry!

Sorry no image available
Posted by emba - 9 years ago

Graham did you ever find out how you get charged? does the amount go up per metric tonne you use? ta

Sorry no image available
Posted by loadsatime-678473 - 9 years ago

Thank you Graham ,much appreciated.

Sorry no image available

If it's the same system as in our village, you're billed a fixed amount (twice a year in our case - obviously four times in yours) as long as your water consumption doesn't exceed a set limit; if it does, then you're charged extra. Our meters are not read often - probably about every 12-18 months. I'd check with your mukhtar (or his secretary/assistant/representative) to establish whether you're operating under the same system.