DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Water Usage - Completely Inaccurate

Posted by shenne11 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by shenne11 - 8 years ago

I have 3 cats....

Sorry no image available
Posted by cerihp - 8 years ago

Hi,

Know it sounds crazy but do you have a cat? check out this link. These people were also out all day but had massive water bills, when the husband was home sick one day they discovered that it was their cat that was running up the water bill!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIVsZRPx_Dw

Hope you manage to get it sorted,

Best regards,

Ceri

Sorry no image available
Posted by Chihuahua Lady - 8 years ago

If you want a good plumber call Les on 99662418 he is in Paphos it want cost any thing for him to check and give you a price.

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spanner-666908 - 8 years ago

My colleague went to the local hardware store and bought a new flushing unit and replaced it himself, cost €9!

Sorry no image available
Posted by shenne11 - 8 years ago

Spanner - I think that may be the problem. There sounds like there is always water flowing in our upstairs toilet. How much did it cost you to get it fixed, and how did they do it?
If you're in Paphos, could you give me the number of the plumber?
Thanks!

Sorry no image available
Posted by Spanner-666908 - 8 years ago

Had a similar problem in my office, the bills were ridiculous for 2 people who were hardly in the place. Got in a plumber who couldn't find anything, we told the water board and they sent someone round who immediately discovered there was a VERY slow flow from the toilet cistern which couldn't be seen with the naked eye, but when he put some tissues against the back of the toilet bowl you could see that there was a very slow flow. The office bill has gone from around 30 cubic metres to less than one! Another bloke from the water board came round to see why it had gone down so much!

Sorry no image available
Posted by baroomeeter-698967 - 8 years ago

when you find the meter it could be as one of ours is up to 200 mtrs to property????

Sorry no image available
Posted by Mystic - 8 years ago

I had a similar problem recently, where my water bill went up astronomicaly, but my water usage hadn't. I was told the same thing by our water board, i.e. to get a plumber. In the end after checking many things, we thought there must be a leak from an undergournd pipe. The only true way to check this is to turn off all the taps at the water meter, and all tanks, then do not use a drop of water. Write down the meter reading, and leave it off for a while, I left mine for 5 hours. The meter reading had gone up during that time, quite significantly, yet no water had been fed into the tank, nor had any been used, so it was obvious there was leakage. The water board are only responsible for repairs up to and including your water meter. Anything beyond that is the property owner's responsibility.

Good luck!

Sorry no image available
Posted by oakland-685861 - 8 years ago

Hi

Might sound a bit stupid , but find your meter and where possible follow the pipe feeding your house , just to see if its been tapped into .

I was called out to another villa last year , where the owner had tapped into the line after the meter and was irrigation his fruit trees .

Regards

West Coast Services