Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.


Winter fuel allowance

Posted by Wibble-673805 - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

2 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 2)

Sorry no image available
Posted by kazanddave - 9 years ago

You will need to go to your local community board office to register.
I believe that to be eligible, you need to be in the property for a min of 6 months up to the payment time which is usually Jan/feb.
Last year, we got ours on a pro rata basis, eg we got a reduced amount as we had been in the property for less than 12 months.

Sorry no image available
Posted by DonnaB - 9 years ago

You register with your local muktar and it is not done on if you are retired, it counts as the people living in the house and on the property