DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

Animal charity shops accepting clothes donations?

Posted by Vic G - Created: 9 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

9 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 9)

Sorry no image available
Posted by mcp-680084 - 9 years ago

exactly!!!!!!!! couldnt said it better!

we rescued 7 dogs (one with 3 legs - which we got from Argos which has no kill policy). CVA is runned by Mary Anastasi who is very good and realy struggles. The shelters are runned by volunteers and the situation is realy bad. now they try to start the sponsorship programs so as to solve some of the money problem and of course note that for every animal they give for adoption they get 2 back!!!!!!!!

well this is the situation so far. i am sure that it will get better slowly

regards

MAX

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sandy Exley - 9 years ago

Yes, I have herad of these good people. However I do believe, after making enquires, that the CSPCA no longer exists. In other words there is nothing like the RSPCA here. Mostly the shelters and organisations are run by volunteers and what a great job they are doing. Pity the government dont take more interest.

Sorry no image available

good morning

the official organisation for the animals is CVA www.cva.com.cy

in 2006 the majority of Cyprus Animal Welfare societies took concerted action and formed a union under the name of Cyprus Voice for Animals (CVA). on their site you can see all the shelters. for your convenience here are the sites of 3 of them:

ARGOS : http://www.argossanctuary.com/ contact person Stella

NICOSIA DOG SHELTER: http://www.dogshelter.org.cy/ contact person Sharon

SIRIUS: http://www.siriusdogsanctuary.com/

if you need any more info dont hesitate to contact me

regards
MAX

Sorry no image available
Posted by Sandy Exley - 9 years ago

How do we get in contact with the CSPCA? I cannot find them listed in any telephone directory.

Sorry no image available

its better to donate directly to the shelters. nicosia dog shelter, argos sanctuary in ormidia, sirius limassol etc. you can find their contact details on CVA site (cyprus voice for animals). if you have any questions send me a message

Sorry no image available
Posted by Monkey - 9 years ago

You will be pleased to hear that in fact their exists the CSPCA here (Cyprus Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals. They are based in Nicosia but will visit anywhere in the island. You can google to find their web site and contact them if you wish to report any instances of cruelty, neglect or abuse ... They also have good educational support materials.

Keep donating! Yve

Sorry no image available
Posted by GATA-675324 - 9 years ago

hello

pets2adopt team collects around cyprus any second hand items u have and donate it to catsnip association or any other charity for animals they will ask for it...

u can contact us on pets2adopt website or by email cypruscm@cytanet.com.cy

thanks

Sorry no image available
Posted by Vic G - 9 years ago

Thanks Maxncon, I didn't know that, that's perfect! I'll give them a call. Cheers :-)

Sorry no image available
Posted by maxncon - 9 years ago

the dog shelter in Nicosia runs a shop and would love donations Im sure tel 22359010 or 99868512