DISCUSSIONS

Find the answers to many of your expat questions here

View Latest Posts

You're missing out...

As a member you can enjoy exclusive info and offers.

REGISTER NOW

anyone lost a German Shepherd in Monogroulli area

Posted by helen13-662685 - Created: 8 years ago
0 0
Sorry no image available

8 replies (Showing replies: 1 to 8)

Sorry no image available
Posted by Steve5436 - 8 years ago

Fantastic news

Sorry no image available
Posted by helen13-662685 - 8 years ago

Jake has now gone to a new home. Thanks to all who showed an interest in him

Helen

Sorry no image available

I went to the dog sanctuary on Saturday and took Jake out for a walk. He seemed to be walking a lot better than he was when I first seen him on Weds so would say that it was more likely due to weakness. He is a very loving dog and didnt mind a complete stranger taking him for a walk or playing with him. He seemed to be very friendly with the other dogs that we met on the walk also.

Sorry no image available

Helen,

In Christines absence I have added Jake to the Pet area of the Forces intranet to see if we can find his owner or if one does not come forward possibly a new owner. I will be down tomorrow to take a few more photos of the dogs and will also add these to the pet section to see if we can get some rehomed.

Regards,

Sorry no image available
Posted by helen13-662685 - 8 years ago

Hi all

A photo of Jake is now on the Sirius website. http://www.siriusdogsanctuary.com/dogs/

As Steve said he is stunning looking dog. He is very friendly and knows how to chase and return a ball. He is very thin so if he has been someones dog he has not been well looked after. He does have a little problem with walking at present as his legs are weak to hold his body but that did not stop running after the ball. He will be checked by the Vet incase it is hip displasia but the problem seems to be more weakness or due to living in a confined space

Anyone wanting a friendly shepherd dog for a family pet should come and look at him

Helen

Sorry no image available

Image can be seen here:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c149/ViperSRi/Photo0059-1.jpg

Sorry the quality isnt so good, it was as close as I could get at that time due to the sanctuary being closed.

Sorry no image available

Forgot to mention, I got a photo of him which I will try to upload this afternoon, not very good quality though as he was in a Kennel which I couldn't get close too.

Sorry no image available

I went down to the Sanctuary early last evening to have a look around, this dog is stunning, black and tan, medium coat with a black masked face. His left ear is floppy and he looked to be very friendly, obviously not a guard dog. He hardly barked at all whilst I was there. Someone must have lost this dog???